Tuesday, January 18, 2011

99. Question

Genre: Drama, Romance
Characters:  Renee, Eric
Prompt: 99. Writer's Choice- Question
Word Count: 665
Rating: PG-13
Type: series
Summary: Renee is as a bad feeling.
Warnings:  language




“What do you know about Will and Angel?” Renee waited until her reflect was staring back at her before she spoke.
“Damn,” Eric frowned, “No Good Morning, Baby, or what would you like for breakfast, Eric?” He smirked, shoving the toothbrush into his mouth. He watched her closely, her expression never changing, her lips still pressed together, waiting for an answer.

Eric shook his head, “They used to see each other. After Anna left Will for Ramone, Will started seeing Angel.”
“Anna?” She questioned, recognizing the name from the conversation she overheard.
“Deanna Parks. Sweet girl. She was with Will until Ramone set his sights on her. I don’t know what he said or what he did but next thing I know, he was with Anna and Will was walking around mad at the world with Angel following him like a puppy.” He mumbled over the toothbrush as he continued moving it in a circular motion, “That’s why I always hold you close when Ramone is around. I’ll be damned if he is going to pull that shit with you!”




“So he knowingly moved in on his best friend’s girlfriend and they’re still friends…how?”
“Ramone broke it off with Anna after a month. Told Will he never should have put her before their friendship. She disappeared and he was back to being Will’s right hand man.”
“What do you mean she disappeared?” Renee’s eyebrows fused together.
“She disappeared.” He retorted agitatedly. “We didn’t see her much after she started seeing Ramone anyway but after they broke it off, no one saw her at all.”
“Did she ever apologize to Will?”
Eric smirked at her through the mirror before spitting into the basin, “I doubt it. Ramone wouldn’t have allowed her to speak to Will while they were together and with her disappearing, I don’t think he has heard from her since she told him she was going to be with Ramone.”

“What the hell do you mean he wouldn’t have allowed her to speak to Will?!” Bad feelings were beginning to collect in her stomach.
Eric exhaled sharply, “Ramone took her from Will. He didn’t want there to be a chance for him to take her back.”




Renee bit her lip, imagining Cian in Anna’s shoes, being told she can’t see this person or that person because Ramone said so. She slapped his shoulder, “And you let that snake talk to my friend, you asshole?!”
Eric spit into the sink one final time, “I stayed out of it, which you should do!”
“Stay out of it? That is my best friend! She is like a sister to me! I’m not going to stay out of it! I barely know Ramone but after what you just said, I don’t trust him as far as I can throw him! I don’t know how you do it but I’m not going to sit back and watch him treat my friend like a piece of property!” She seethed, turning on her heels to put as much distance as she could between them. 



Eric grabbed her before she could get through the door, pulling her into his arms, “Don’t be like that!” He stroked her cheek gently.
“Something isn’t right Eric! I feel it! The look on his face each time Cian and Wilson spoke to each other and the way he stayed up under Cian the whole night…I have a bad feeling about him and I don’t want her to get hurt!” She pouted, shaking her head as she spoke.
Eric considered each word. Kicked himself for telling her so much knowing she would end up worrying like she always did. “If it makes you feel better, Renee, I’ll talk to him.” He kissed the side of her neck. Renee sighed, her usual response when she had other plans in mind. He could talk to Ramone all he wanted but she was going to find out if she had a good reason to question his ways. She would find Anna. 

13 comments:

S.B. said...

I don't even have one good thing to say about Eric right now except he brushes his teeth. If it makes Renee feel better, he'll talk to him. I mean, he was snickering about the whole thing with Anna, didn't seem a bit put off.

Renee better be careful. If women who get sideways with Ramone 'disappear', she might be next.

Aussie Karima said...

~ Well I wonder what Ramone did to Anna?
~ As they were in Uni,she would not have just disapeared,unless there was reason for her to leave?(as in pregnant!) or fowl play!
~ I can not wait to see this unfold!
~ Great Qui! I loved it!(",)

Valpre said...

Atta girl Renee. I'm glad to see her on Cian's side; I sort of got weird vibes from her directed at Cian in the previous prompts.

Now from what Eric's said about Ramone, I don't just dislike him, I don't trust him now. He's possessive and controlling, two ingredients for an abusive mess. Cian had better stick close to Will.

I love it when you sort of shift focus to other characters; it's great to see how all their worlds collide, and what makes everyone tick.Great prompt.

Qui. said...

OMG S.B, why did that make me burst into laughter?
You know men! They don't take things seriously unless it involves them! Had that situation happened with Renee, it would have been a different story!
You're right...Renee is about to enter a snake pit with possibly no way out.

Qui. said...

Karima: Whatever the reason, Renee will get to the bottom of it. One thing she doesn't play with is Cian! You see how worried she was and how she reacted when she saw the way Cian was acting when Will first came back... Cian is the closest thing she has to a sister so she isn't going to just settle with "I'll talk to him."

You're right though, there has to be a reason why she disappeared.

Thanks!!

Qui. said...

So now you see Val, her reaction when Cian and Will walked in had nothing to do with the fact that Will was there or that Cian was with him, it was because of the look on Ramone's face when they walked in! Renee is the observer. Before she joins in, she will watch what's going around her and carefully choose what she'll do and say.

Thanks!

Valpre said...

Yep, I understand her reaction now; she was obviously on to Ramone even then. I like the idea of her snooping around, but she should tread very, very carefully.

Qui. said...

You're right. She definitely should!

Jillyson said...

OMG! How easy for someone to disappear and no one notice. I'd say if I knew a girl who was dating someone & wasn't seen around much after the break up, I wouldn't think much of it - just assume she didn't want to be anywhere that he was. I hope Renee is very careful, and I hope she sets Cian straight. Sounds like it's a lot more than a game for Ramone. *shiver

Anonymous said...

Wow, it definitely seems like it's more than a game to Ramone. I'm not liking the vibe I'm getting, I'm hoping this doesn't end up horribly for either of them.

Qui. said...

And that may just be the case Jilly. Ramone went back to being friends with Will. She hurt will and was no longer with Ramone...why be in the same place as either?

But yeah..it is a little more than a game.

Qui. said...

So I guess we can safely say.. Satan in a sunday hat? If you think you get bad vibes now, wait until you see his true character!

DaijahV said...

Thank you Renee! These are the kind of friends a girl needs! Put that man to work!