Wednesday, January 12, 2011

57. Cold

Genre: Drama, Romance
Characters:  Wilson, Cian,
Prompt: 57. Cold
Word Count: 351
Rating: PG
Type: series
Summary: The ride home...
Warnings: lame lazy shots
** Please excuse my attempt to make a highway. Song: Isley Brothers - Voyage to Atlantis








Silence. The car’s engine let off a dull roar between the words of a song playing on the radio, gusts of air rushing pass the windows as the car traveled down the highway, but between them, silence.




He’d only said two words since she stepped foot in the car, “You cold?” he switched on the heat without waiting for an answer. The air felt similar to a winter night but his words seemed much colder.  

Attempts to ask him what was wrong had come and gone, faded with all thoughts she had as she examined the tension within his facial features. His grip on the steering wheel was tight, the visible vains in his hand and wrist a clear indication of that. He glanced to the right, cut on his signal, thought of changing lanes, shut it off and kept straight.

Can I go on my way without you
Whoa...how can I know
If I go on my way without you
Whoa...where would I go

Set sail with me
Misty lady, set my spirit free
New love to find
And though I leave another behind

I’ll always come back to you








He checked the right mirror once again, glanced at her then dragged his eyes back to the road ahead, shaking his head.

I’ll always come back to you

She’s my lady, now and ever
Whoa...how can I know
Can we go all the way together
Whoa...let it be so






He leaned forward, turning the volume down on the radio, held the dial between his fingers. Exhaling deeply he turned it back up, she was watching. He saw her from the corner of his eye, questioning, concerned. He turned the volume down once again, “I love you, Cian.” He turned the volume back up as he kept his eyes forward. 






That was all he needed to say. All she needed to hear. The music was up louder than before. The tension ceased and he finally changed lanes. Still, silence.

Atlantis, is back to you
I’ll always come back to you
I’ll always come back to you
I’ll always…come back to you....




11 comments:

Aussie Karima said...

~ Hmm! I wonder what,or should I say who, has put him in a bad mood!
~ Loved it Qui!(",)

Valpre said...

What are you doing to me? You're really tempting me to play hooky today. I'll catch this when I get to work. But I saw something about "I love you Cian" and that just drove me bananas. I would do a banana dance right now :)if I had time.

Qui. said...

Karima, a bad mood indeed! History is repeating itself and he is not happy about it. He seems himself losing her before he has truly had her and that has him deeply bothered.

He managed to tell her that though!

Qui. said...

Lol Val! You just saw those words huh? LOL please tell me how to do a banana dance! Please!!

Valpre said...

The tension in that car would have driven me nuts...

I'm glad he told her how he feels, amidst his foul mood and all. It's up to Cian now to pull him out of his funk. I think they need another 24 hours to iron out their issues, better yet, make it 48 so they can get down to some serious loving when they're done talking.

That business with Angel did a number on him, I hope he finds a way to not let her get under his skin like that.

BTW, loved the highway.

Qui. said...

not me. I see silence as a challenge lol. I'd be like, "oh you think you're going to be quiet on me, huh? watch this!"

He was upset with the situation, not with her so he was able to admit what he really felt for that and one more reason...he needed her to know. Just like when he asked for that kiss, he needed that to be out there before things become too serious with Ramone.

Lol 48 hours? She might walk away from that with more than some ironed out issues!!!

thanks

Anonymous said...

I love it! He did exactly the right thing! Now I hope she shuts that radio off, makes him pull over, and climbs into his lap!!!!

Qui. said...

LMAO! She isn't that bold Jilly!
That's what I would have done but yeah..lol

S.B. said...

I'm sorry it took me so long to get here.

Thank god he finally told her how he feels! I'm hoping Cian's silence is a good thing, a moment in which she is reflecting, a moment in which she realizes she loves him too.

I love the way you weave the lyrics through the text, and the choice of the prompt Cold was perfect here. Your shots are beautiful! You definitely achieve the illusion of being on a street in a city at night.

Wonderful chapter!

Qui. said...

No problem! I Understand! Thank you for reading!

Yeah, it's about time and it needed to be said. She has a lot to think about! She feels the same way and needs to make a decision. Either buckle down and allow her heart to be in the hands of a man who deserves it, or give it to someone she she knows very little about and shouldn't be trusted.

Thank you! This came to me surprisingly easy!

DaijahV said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG What did he say? OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YES! What? OMG!!