Tuesday, January 11, 2011

85. Determined

Genre: Drama, Romance
Characters:  Wilson, Cian, Angel, Ramone
Prompt: 85. Determined
Word Count: 1,744 +
Rating: M
Type: series
Summary: The siblings work their charm
Warnings: Sexual situation,  detailed to an extent, language, wordy
**  the spanish should be easy to determine through context. (in english in the same sentence)




Soothed by the brisk night air, and singing insects scattered throughout the woods, she sat on the edge of the wall allowing her legs to hang over the side, running her fingers along the rough edges of concrete as she thought about the events at dinner. Angel barefacedly stroked  Wilson’s legs, twirled her finger in his hair, and blew kisses at him each time she left his side. The feeling that was building inside of Cian’s heart spoke volumes; reared itself through her eyes only, forcing the truth she hadn’t acknowledged. Angel was supposed to be his past but she carried on like his present. Why did that matter? Why did it even bother her? They were just friends. Just friends because she insisted on it. Just friends because she was too scared to stand up to everyone opposed to what she really wanted. She couldn’t be jealous yet she was. Intimidated by this openly affectionate woman who’d been Wilson’s focus for three years, shared something they hadn’t, gave him more than occasional smiles, innocent outings, and confusing kisses.

“This was always my favorite spot too.” Ramone crept up behind her nearly caused her to jump off of the wall. “I’d come here when I had things on my mind. Something about the alignment of the trees and the sound the leaves make when they collide.”



He slid one hand underneath her arm, wrapping it around her waist as he brushed her hair over her shoulder with the other. Leaning close, he kissed her ear. Even under the dimmed light he could see her cheeks turn a bright pink hue.
“Yeah…” She sighed, peaking over her shoulder at him. She scanned his face and turned back around, smiling sweetly as she memorized his features. “It’s unreal how much you look like your dad. Your Rah!” She teased.
Ramone chuckled, “Considering the fact that he made you blush earlier, I’ll take that as a compliment! Are you going to let me see who you look like?”
“Maybe.” She said in a child-like tone.
“Maybe? That’s not fair! You’ve met mine!”
“You invited me!”
“And you’re supposed to invite me back.” 
“Where in the rule book does it say that?” 
“Right, “He held up his hand, “here!”  
Cian slapped his hand away, laughing at his now pouting expression.

 “Want to tell me what’s on your mind?” His head tilted on her shoulder with clear view of her eyes. Cian looked down, rubbing her hands against her jeans as she debated on what she’d say. I’m think about Will? Seeing your parents makes me feel like I can handle it? If your sister doesn’t back off I’m going to blacken her pretty brown eyes? She couldn't say those things. Not to him. It’d been obvious for a while now that there was something going on between them. Some kind of battle between male egos, who could get her first, she suspected. She’d beaten them both at their own game. Noticed the war and stayed on the fence. Gave them both an equal amount of time and nothing more. If they thought they could use her to prove who the better man was, they had another thing coming, if she could just get her mind off of Will and Angel. “Your parents.” She gave a quick answer. “I’m thinking about how your parents are still in love after so many years.”
“Yeah…they still flirt like teenagers. Sickening at times. Rah says, Las mujeres son un regalo, Women are gifts... and should be treated as such. Whatever they want, a man should provide. Wherever they hurt, a man should heal it.”
“Smart man!” She nodded with approval.
“If you agree, then why not let me do those things?” He turned her face toward him by her chin, staring at her lips as she bit down on them, thinking of another quick answer.
“I told you,” She whispered, slowly pulling her face away from his, “I have someone. You know. The two of you have been staring each other down all day.”
Ramone held her chin but redirected his gaze to her eyes. Had she just admitted her feelings for Will? More importantly, did she just admit that she knew they were fighting over her? His mind soared above the trees, into the clouds and lingered somewhere between the stars. If she knew this, if she knew that they were both seeking her affection, then he’d need to work fast and eliminate Wilson all together. “I can’t help myself,” He pulled himself back into the conversation with a little bit of truth and a lot of exaggeration, “when my heart wants, my heart wants. I can’t block out how I feel and I don’t want to block it out. Will is my friend but I can’t watch him eat when I know the plate is intended for me.”
“And how do you know I’m meant for you?”
Ramone grabbed her hand and placed it over the left side of his chest so she could feel the rapid beating, “That’s how.”




Will watched the exchange from the window. He’d stumbled upon the scene while cleaning off the table, allowing Yolanda to rest and enjoy her company. The moment he saw Ramone turn his face toward Cian’s he was sure they kissed. He felt his heart shatter within his chest and kicked himself for coming.




He felt a set of hand slid around his waist and pull at the hem of his sweater. He brushed her hands away, turned his back toward the window, faced her with the intention of putting an end to this touchy feely thing she’d been pulling all night but she stopped him, wrapped her arms around him as she rested her head against his chest.



“You’re traveling down a one way street, Will. A dark street with no lights and no true direction. A road you’ve traveled before. You know it leads to a dead end and I don’t want that for you…”



“I’ll ride in through a side street and show you the way out Will, but, you have to follow me. Trust that I’ll get you where you need to go, help you see your way.” She slid her hand from around his back, dragging it down to the button on his jeans and with two fingers she had instant access to flesh, what she’d been craving all afternoon. Her persuasive tactics had proven to be effective once again as he began to hang onto her every word. He’d fallen in love with Cian but she was still standing, his one way street. He’d watch her fall for Ramone as Anna had and have to deal with seeing him make her happy, the dark street. Ramone would win her over with their racial similarities and she’d take a step toward him, leaving Will on his ass, in love, and alone, the dead end. This feeling was all too familiar. A painful moment in history that he was doomed to repeat. Will held her wrist as she began to snake her hand inside his pants. If history was going to repeat, this was one thing he could control. “We’re not there anymore, Angel.” He fixed his pants, removed her other hand from around his waist and tried to walk around her. 



Not accepting his last statement, she pushed him against the window aggressively, rubbing her leg against his, placing his hand on her thigh. “We are and I’ll show you,” She used his hand to pull her dress up at the hem. Looking into his eyes, she rubbed his hand against the crotch of her panties, releasing a soft moan at the realization of his hand being there, “See,” She whispered, “only you can do this to me without touching me. Just the sight of you does this to me!”




Will pulled his hand away, looked to the floor to avoid her eyes. Sensing he was about to ease away, she placed her hands on both sides of him. “I want you, Will.  I need you so bad right now that it hurts!” She began her journey down his pants once again. Taking hold of him, she ran her other hand across his lips, “I’ve always thought you had a nice smile. Just imagine the beautiful imprints your teeth could leave on my breast…my neck…my thighs. When was the last time you had this, mi amor? When was the last time you lay back and let a real woma-”
“Angel!” He placed his finger against her lips to silence her. “Stop with the mind games! What we had has long since faded and I’d appreciate it if you’d back off.” He kept his voice low as he adjusted his clothes and stepped around her.
“I can’t tell!” She retorted, tugging at the back pocket on his jeans. Wilson felt a familiar snap within himself. This one was different, brought on by anger he now had for himself for letting her take things so far. He wasn’t that man anymore. He didn’t need her method of therapy, or anything else she had to offer. Pulling her into a corner by her wrists, he backed her into the wall. Eye to eye, he watched her confident smile slowly melt away. 


“Let me make myself clear, I’m done with you and all your little games. It’s ironic how you haven’t contacted me since I told you it was over but all of a sudden you’re back?”
“I was away!” She whined.
“No, you were here, spreading your legs for every man with a big bank account. You don’t miss me! You don’t give a shit about what’s best for me! You care about whatever Ramone promised you for doing this.”
“Will-”
“I see right through you, Angel! I see through this whole little scheme and I’m not going for it! That,” He pointed to the window, “is not Anna! Fucking your brains out is not going to make me forget about Cian! Make sure you relay the message to Ramone and tell Cian I’ll be in the car.” He stormed off.

He couldn’t have meant that. Any of those things. She was sure of it, was willing to put everything she owned on it. Wilson would see that he needed her. Soon he would see. Angel was determined to prove that. Determined to make him fall in love this time.  

9 comments:

Valpre said...

Oh goodness, things are getting too hot in that house. Will should take Cian and they should get the hell out of there. The sibling vultures are growing more rabid by the minute.

Qui. said...

see how quickly Angel's poison was rubbing off on Will? This could be very bad for Will and Cian. The plan is to make Cian see that dirty side of Will, the side that only shows when Angel is around because of the anger he has for her.
Will needs to take control of the situation right now!

Aussie Karima said...

~ I think this duo take after dad,but they both took his meaning of going after what you want & never give up till you have it, one or two steps further than what their dad meant!(or intended!)
~ They both like danger & that includes between the sheets!
~ As Angel pointed out!
-A-Cian is too virginal for Ramones tastes!
-B-He never goes out with colored girls!
-C-He only wants her because Will does!
~ Were as Angel is determined to get Will to fall in love with her,whether he wants it or not!

Qui. said...

Hmmmm interesting you should mention those things Karima! Both siblings are very much into danger and everything close to it, hence Ramone's disloyalty when it comes to his friends. Had Will and Cian been together when he met her, he would have pursued her anyway.

A. Angel believes Cian is too virginal for Ramone but that fact excites Ramone. He'll try to change that as soon as he sees the opportunity.

B. He has never dated a black girl before, but something about Cian has captured his attention.

C. That's one reason why he wants her. As Angel has picked up on Cian's "innocence" the second she met her, so has Ramone. Being so sweet and innocent means he can convince her to do almost anything and that excites him.

Yup! Angel is determined to make Will fall in love with her because she has already fallen. In her own twisted way, she feels like he loves her because of the three years they shared.

Anonymous said...

Qui, your ability to write a story and manage to suck your reader in as fast as you do continues to amaze me. I just sat down and read all the chapters and I can't get enough!

I love how relatable Cian is. We might not have gone through the same situation but the feelings are still the same. The siblings are amazingly evil and I can't help but hope that they get burned by the games they're playing. Is that bad?

Anyways, I'm loving it so far and I can't wait to read more!

Qui. said...

You are too kind! Thank you!

It's not bad at all! The way they plot and scheme, they doesn't deserve to win!

I tried to make Cian based of qualities within myself. I wanted her to be as real as possible. You're right! I think we've all been in at least once situation where we had two options and didn't know which to choose. Fears with no idea how to approach them, and people in our lives who are toxic but don't know it until it's too late.

Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

Go, Wilson! I love you, Man! Now go get your girl back!

Qui. said...

lol i love your comment jilly!

DaijahV said...

OMG Wilson! I love you..yep I said it! The strength in that man is outstanding!! I am smitten!