Saturday, September 25, 2010

.Intro



The way her hips moved to the beat of the music ignited a flame within his soul. Never had he been so attracted to anyone. Never had he been so captivated by a woman outside of his race. He’d seen them here several times before, each time they were the life of the party and she, the center of his attention.



As he zoomed in on her, the curves of her full lips came into view, the rich undertones of her beautiful brown skin complimented her jet black hair that held a unique style, and her hourglass figure couldn’t be more perfect.



She gracefully leaned forward as her friend whispered something into her ear, pulling her in the direction of the bar.
“Sex on the beach for me…heavy on the sex!” Her friend purred across the bar. “Oh! That’s my song!” Her friend threw her hands up, dancing her way back to the center of the floor.



She giggled a cute giggle, looking at her friend then back to the bartender. “Washington Apple, please.”
He imagined she had a sexy voice with an inner city accent lacing her words as they rolled off her tongue.

He waved to gain the bartender’s attention, signaling to take extra care with their drinks. The bartender winked, skillfully shaking and pouring both drinks. She pulled through her purse to retrieve a small leather wallet. He watched as the bartender rejected her money and pointed in his direction “It’s on the boss.” He heard him shout over the music.



She turned to face him; her face froze as if she was in a daze. For that second, that very minute, their eyes connected. Sent forbidden wants and desires. He fought the urge to walk over to her, the need to be within arm’s reach of her. Like a slice of cake reserved for someone that wasn’t guaranteed to show up and claim it, she was off limits to him. In the terms of a friendship there was no such thing as color in this town, but in love, the lines were clearly drawn. Lines of black and white kept him from the one thing his family’s fat pockets and his fancy night club could never give him. Her.




** The next part of this is a prompt, 63. Summer. They are ordered this way due to the prompt table used in this beginning of this story. To see a full list of the prompts and the order you should read them, >> click here << . Thank you for reading! 

9 comments:

Chicago said...

Wow, you're a very talented writer. I love it!!!

Unknown said...

I don't post usually, but thanks for another great story (love them all!)...You have a wonderful talent as a writer!

Thanks for the shout-out to SU too...I see the club poppin, love the new decor ;)

...back to reading, ttyl!
Bree

Qui. said...

I really appreciate it!! Thank you so much, Bree!
No problem! I had to give credit where it was due!

Glad I could pull you out of the shadows with this one!

holleyberry said...

Thought I'd just read the intro and then go clean my kitchen, and of course am already hooked with the intro.
I am excited to read this, especially since you labeled it Romeo and Juliet with a twist. I <3 that story so much!

Qui. said...

Well I hope I don't disappoint! Fair warning, they are not going to die! lol

Unknown said...

I have been meaning to sit down and read this and finally had the extra time to do so. What a lovely start to the story. I can feel his fondness with her already.

Anonymous said...

Qui, this is very promising! going to read further:)

HotPockets02 said...

I am believing this is Sims 2.
If so, how did you get the pictures so clear? :O

Qui. said...

:) Yes! I don't do anything special. I use a camera mod and a screenshot program. I was using Gadwin but now it's Fraps.