Wednesday, January 19, 2011

51. Moon

Genre: Drama, Romance
Characters:  Ramone, Cian,
Prompt: 51. Moon
Word Count: 448
Rating: PG
Type: series
Summary: Ramone makes a confession.
Warnings: None
** Artsy fartsy type writing
Te necesito= I can't
pero te necesito= but I can't
esta bien= it's ok







Cian gazed at the image forming before her, the picture that represented what she felt. The night before, Wilson had been so cold, mimicking the deep blue night sky. Saying those three words had been like the faint white clouds she painted surrounding the crescent moon, fusing together and threatening to blanket the world with a fresh new layer of snow, freezing everything but the moon. 






With everything frozen, the moon and the sky would be free to stand together. No waves to crash underneath them, no trees to blow in the wind and interrupt their silence, no stars to stand in their way.  Wilson was the sky, and she, the moon. He was open, adjusted to the world and comfortable enough to show what he felt. She was the moon, hidden, denying the sky of her true light.

Cian lowered the brush, dropped it into a small tray as she headed toward the hard knocking at her front door. Pushing up on her toes, she peeped through the small hole, exhaling sharply as she removed the locks and slowly opened the door.






Without a greeting, Ramone rushed forward, taking her into his arms, “I can’t take this!” He finally spoke. He cupped her face, forcing her eyes to focus on his, “I have not been able to get you out of my mind since you left yesterday!  Te necesito!” His hands lowered to her waist as he kissed her jaw. Eagar, urgent kisses making their way to her lips. “I know what you said,” He paused to kiss the corner of her lips, “pero te necesito!” He held his lips an inch away from hers, “I love you, Cian!” He whispered, lowering his lips toward hers.
“I love…” She whispered against his lips before they connected with hers.






“Will…” Her eyes shot open at lightening speed. “I love Will..." she repeated a little louder. 




Removing herself from his embrace, she backed away, dragging her hands through her hair and down her neck, realization curling her lips into a smile. “I’m in love with Will!” She said it again, feeling her heart beat like it never had before, her chest and shoulders ten times lighter. “I have to see him…I…I have to tell him!” She moved forward, grabbing his hands as she looked into his eyes. “I am so sorry Ramone!”
Está bien,” He shook his head, “get dressed and I’ll take you to him. I owe him an apology.” He forced a smile as she kissed him on the cheek and disappeared into the house. The moon was finally shining, ready to create a whole new shade of blue within the sky but a dark cloud was headed their way.

16 comments:

Aussie Karima said...

~ Oh,my Gosh! I hope Ramone will let this go,but I do not think so!
~ He has offered to take her to Will,but I have a feeling she will never make it!
~ I do not trust him!!!!!
~ I am so glad that she finally realized that she loves Will,but I am so worried for her in Ramones hands!She does not know his true nature,even Will does not know to what lengths Ramone will go too,& has done in the past!
~ Loved it Qui!Fantastic!(",)

Valpre said...

I love the imagery you used to describe Cian's feelings about her and Will. Beautiful.
I'm glad it's finally hit her. I think she knew for a while, but at least she's finally admitted it, especially to Ramone. I don't believe for a second he's taking her to Will. Not after that confession and his passion when he said it. Great job.

S.B. said...

Yeah right he's taking her to Will. Ramone is one generous guy. He just shrugs it off when a woman tells him she just isn't into him.

I know this is wrong to ask, but why doesn't Cian see Ramone for the jerk he is? I don't understand why she wants to believe him, why she doesn't have any alarm bells ringing. The man is a creep.

And echoing Val, your imagery is incredibly beautiful! Loving and lovely...

Qui. said...

Karima, every single word displays how worried you are and that is AMAZING! It's almost like I can hear your voice laced with worry!

Qui. said...

Val: Thank you! I found myself reading it over and over seeing if it made sense because I couldn't come up with anything else in its' place!
She knew it but she didn't. She knew she felt something for him but she wasn't sure if that's what it was. It took for Ramone to try and kiss her for her to realize what she wanted.

Qui. said...

S.B: It's not wrong at call because I can explain that :), Ramone puts on a HUGE front when Cian is around. Everything that Renee noticed, she didn't because it was done with she was engaged in something with Will. He plays this nice guy because that's what he wants her to see. That's what he wants everyone to see but it just so happens that Renee is not fooled. He allowed himself to slip a few times and when he did, Renee is the only one that caught it. Cian will see. Sooner than later..she will see. Thank you so much!!

Karima, Val, S.B: You have great reason to be worried. He just confessed his love to her and she told him she loves another man. He will take her to him, but at a price...

THANK YOU ALL!!

Valpre said...

"He will take her to him, but at a price..."
I don't like the sound of that, but at the same time, I can't wait for the next prompt to see how this unravels.

Qui. said...

Soon...very very soon!!

Aussie Karima said...

~ I am bitting what is left of my fingernails,so don't leave use hanging too long!(like,when you are not busy, will do!)
~ I am very scared to find out the price!(",)

Anonymous said...

I recently joined the writing forum and found your story, it is addictive!

Jillyson said...

Oh, no! I was doing a little happy dance in my cubicle here at work that Cian finally realized where her heart is, and SLAM! You knocked me right down with that little "I'll take you to him." ARGH!!!

Cian! *bangs computer screen Cian, listen! Do NOT get in the car with that man!!! *Bangs computer again

*sniff...I don't think she can hear me... :(

That imagry with her painting was absolutley perfect, Qui!

Qui. said...

LOL Karima! Don't worry, it's already more than halfway done and should be out sometime this evening/morning for you.

Qui. said...

Yey seaweedy! Now you can join in the scream fest that's about to begin! lol

Qui. said...

OMG Jilly I swear you always make me burst into laughter!!! I definitely need to get that prompt out ASAP!

DaijahV said...

OMG YES! Do this Cian...why do I have a funny feeling that she won't like what she sees when she gets to Will's place though? OMG if Angel is there...OMG please...must click next chapter...

holleyberry said...

I have a feeling he isn't taking her to Will :(