Saturday, January 22, 2011

92. Sloth

Genre: Drama
Characters:  Wilson, Bianca
Prompt: 92. Sloth
Word Count: 753
Rating: PG-13
Type: series
Summary: Wilson is yanked out of his small state of depression
Warnings: : Language
**Little rushed, I have a brides maid meeting to go to :(



Most of the night and half of the morning he sat in the same spot, hit the same button on the phone, redialing the same number, pleading with her through her machine to pick up. His determination to fight and make her see that he wasn’t going to just let her walk away came to painful end when Ramone answered her cell phone with a yawn and possibly a smile, saying she’d had a busy night and she was still sleep before hanging up and turning off her phone. Those words broke him, twisted his heart until it burst in his chest and caused internal bleeding that immobilized him, kept him in the same position on the floor with the phone still in his hand.




“Will,” Bianca walked over to him slowly placing her hand on his shoulder. He’d been in the same spot for a little over 5 hours, staring at the floor with an expressionless face, no words, nothing. “I’m worried about you!” She sat down next to him and crossed her legs.
“Can you please talk to me?” She tilted her head to see his face. “Is this about Cian? She isn’t just a friend is she?” She continued without waiting for him to answer. “I figured she wasn't by the way you were looking at her last night. Tell me what happened! Please talk to me!” Her voice cracked as she began to cry. Wilson never shut down like that and if he did, he’d at least acknowledge her being there but he said nothing, didn’t even appear to be breathing. The gaps between her sniffles caught his attention, he moved his hand from his knee and dried her face with the back of his hand. “I lost her.” He mumbled, placing his arm back on his knee, returning his eyes to the floor.

He spent the next 15 minutes explaining everything that’d happened from the kiss they shared when they were 10 years old to the phone calls he’d been making all night, leaving out a few of the details that were too mature for her.
“So what are you going to do?” Bianca held out her hands with her question.
“What can I do? She wants me to leave her alone.” He sighed.
“She said that?”
“In a way, she did.”




Bianca swatted his arm, “You are such a guy, Will! She doesn’t want you to leave her alone! Don’t you know in girl world, leave me alone means the opposite?”

“It does?”
“Duh! If she really wanted you to leave her alone, she wouldn’t have allowed you to touch her at all last night!” She laughed, rolling her eyes, “Stick with me Wilson, I’ll teach you all you  need to know about girls and you’ll have her back in no time!” She smiled confidently as he finally smiled.




The ringing phone in his hand startled them both, “Probably Dad.” He shook his head, hesitating to answer the phone. He answered, his face scrunched into a slight frown before he spoke, “Slow- Sl- Renee! Slow down!”




He listened to her go on and on about talking to Anna and how he needed to get Cian away from Ramone.
“You have to do something Will! You have to save her! I tried to talk to her but Ramone is always around!”
“It’s the same with me. I tried calling her but he picked up.” He replied.
“We can’t let him do that to her! We can’t let him ruin her like that!”
Will hesitated, let her speak before he said what he really felt, regretting it the second he said it, “I don’t know what to do anymore, Renee. It may be too lat-”
“Don’t you dare say that to me Wilson! Don’t you dare act like you’re out of options! She loves you! She has always loved you and this sorry excuse for a man is not going to change that!  I don’t give a damn how charming he is! If you love her like she loves you, then you’ll fight for her! Fight for her Will!” She ended the call abruptly, seething and 100% right. This was the real test. Letting go or pushing on. Ramone had already used his charm to win thus far but if anyone knew him well enough to beat him at his own game, it was Will. He still had it in him, he could fight, would fight, and no doubt, use Ramone's tactics to win her back.


11 comments:

Aussie Karima said...

~ The only problem with using Ramone's tactics is that he does not know the full extent of what Ramone does!
~ I hope for Cian sake that Will, does not give up on her & wins her heart back,not that he has lost it,but the way Ramone is treating her,her heart will be hard & a wall will be up, & the person Wilson loves will no longer exist!

Valpre said...

I love Bianca. She's right, Will needs to stick with him and he'll be fine in no time. Glad Renee finally made that call to Will; the ball is in his court now :)

Muzegoddess said...

Girl, you have been throwing these out here faster than I can blink and everyone is better than the last. It's sad to see Will so broken up, but Renee is right, he needs to fight and the situation with Anna is the best ammunition. Bianca is so right about girls and how "leave me alone" generally means "keep chasing me." He needs to chase her out of Ramone's arms and back into his. I can't wait to see what happens next.

S.B. said...

Ramone is dangerous. This is about ego and power and control. Will needs to be careful, but he does need to push harder with Cian. For one thing, she is probably in some physical peril from that creep (can't believe her father doesn't pick up on that). And I adore Bianca!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see Rene finally joining Aliances with Will!!!! She is right Cian needs him more than ever right now. If Ramone gets his clutches in her...there will be nothing of her spirit left. :(

Jillyson said...

This DID make me feel better...but...WHY DOES HE HAVE CIAN'S PHONE????
She dropped it in his car. Yeah, that's it. She dropped it and he's holding onto it as a reason to see her again.
(it's my reality, and I'm sticking with it!)

Thank GOD Renee is getting the word out, and I love that Bianca is helping, too. With everyone in her corner, Cian can't help but be rescued from He Which Must Not Be Named.

DaijahV said...

Go get her Will! Man I love Renee! She is a motivator and a half isn't she?!

Qui. said...

She is just as she was as a child, BOSSY! She expects him to do his best and nothing less. It doesn't matter to her what Cian might have said to him or how she may be treating now because she (Renee) wants Cian away from Ramone and she wants it now!

holleyberry said...

Bianca to the rescue! LOL @ Will getting tips about girls from his little sister ;) that was cute!
Go Will! Go get your woman!

Qui. said...

lol I know right! Like dude, she'd 15 and she is schooling you!

Pixx08 said...

Hold on I'll go get my pom-poms. Go Will!