Friday, January 21, 2011

78. Weeks

Genre: Drama, Romance
Characters:  Cian, Bianca, Wilson
Prompt: 78. Weeks
Word Count: 1,376
Rating: PG-13
Type: series
Summary: Cian after two weeks without Will
Warnings:  language, mushiness
** Lame shots, game was giving me hell!
long + tired= might not make sense. sorry







In the two weeks that’d passed Cian found herself constantly in Ramone’s company. He refused to give her the space she needed to heal, refused to allow her to sulk as he claimed. Several “not a date” occasions seemed to occur almost ever night with a different group of friends that Ramone was more than happy to parade her in front of. He had not pushed intimacy, which she was thankful for. The thought of kissing him always seemed to stir up memories of Will and the differences between them. Will was passionate, kissed her with so much patience that she wished would never end. The one kiss she and Ramone shared was urgent, and oddly unmoving. Wilson stood behind her, supported her love for art and made silly comments about it that would spark a play fight, Ramone convinced her to return her job as a waitress, despite how much she hated it. He’d become her father’s pet, the son he always wanted, and she, the daughter he was proud of for bring home such a man. How Ramone managed to ease his way into her head and controlled her every move like a puppet had escaped her, boggled her mind as she zoned out during one of his many parties. She thought of the last one, the one that’d reunited her with her best friend after 15 years, sporadically looking at the door, secretly hoping he’d walk through it. 






He wasn’t coming and according to Ramone, he hadn’t even called. The beating in her chest had slowed drastically since that day, died down with each day that passed without him. While her mind showed her endless images of her good memories with Will, painful ones burned behind her eyes, images her heart had a hard time accepting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






“Hi, my name is Cian and I’ll be your waitress today. What can I start you off with?” She forced the enthusiasm in her voice.
“I’ll um, just have water.” The young girl blinked slowly, trying to talk over her growling stomach.






“Just water?” Suspicion automatically creased her brows. The girl nodded quickly, turning her eyes away from Cian to avoid further questioning. “Coming up.” She reluctantly headed for the kitchen and returned a few short minutes later with an ice cold glass of water.
“Thank you.” The girl smiled, making eye contact with her once again. She looked familiar but unfamiliar at the same time. Something about her eyes and skintone pulled at her, triggered thoughts of Will. As she took down each order from the other tables and booths, she watched the girl take small sips from her glass, obviously trying to prolong her stay. The sun had set hours ago and it was just 30 minutes away from closing time and the girl was still there, taking tiny sips from the glass.






“Let’s make a deal,” Cian approached her from the other side of the counter, “If you tell me your name and why you’re trying so hard not to go home, you can have anything off the menu on me.”
The girl hesitated, looked down at her glass before deciding to go along with the deal, “Bianca.” She said lightly, dropping the glass down on the counter, “I’m tried of being a prisoner to my responsibilities.”

“Responsibilities?” Cian stifled a giggle, “How old are you?”
“15. My parents expect me to be like my little miss perfect piano playing older sister. They stuck me in a private girl’s school, I can’t date, they choose my friends, and I’m sick of it.”
“Sounds like my dad!” Cian held herself over the counter on her elbows as she watched Bianca scan the menu. “I have bad news for you,” she rested her cheek against her fists, “it never stops! I’m 25 years old and my father still tries to tell me who I can and can’t see.”
“Are you serious? And you listen to him?” Her eyes widened.
“No!” Cian laughed. “What do you want?” She held her hand out for the menu after Bianca closed it, “The Chinese chicken and broccoli.” She smiled widely with her order.
“A Chinese food lover, huh?” Cian frowned.
“You don’t like Chinese food? What’s wrong with you?” Bianca giggled.
“I wouldn’t say that. I had it once and it was delicious but I’m not a big fan.” She turned, placing the order slip on the rack.
“You haven’t had good Chinese food until you had my brother’s!” Bianca boasted.
Cian’s smile fell as the familiarity of those very words set in, “Wilson is your brother.” It was more of a conclusion than a question.
“Oh God, do we look that much alike?” Bianca playfully pulled at her cheeks and the corners of her eyes. 






“Yes, you do!” Cian’s smile returned, “That’s not a bad thing you know!”
“Ewww, are you saying you think my brother is cute?” Bianca held her hand over her mouth playfully pretending to gag.
“Cute? Girl, he is so hot he could melt an iceberg!” She teased and keeled over in laughter while Bianca choked.
“Please, PLEASE don’t ever say that again!” She huffed, holding one hand across her forehead, fanning herself with the other.
Cian snorted, “Only if you promise to let me take you to your house.”
“Take me to Will’s and it’s a deal!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






Cian reluctantly followed Bianca to the door. She wanted to make sure she was going inside and wouldn’t run off the second her car disappeared down the street.

“God, do you ever wear clothes?” Bianca blurted the second he opened the door. He shot her a half smile before looking over at Cian. “Inside.” He nodded, pinching her arm as she passed, causing her to wince and swat at him. 






“I just wanted to make sure she made it home safely.” She finally looked up from the ground, turning on her heels before he could reply.






He stepped out onto the cold pavement to catch her arm, stopping her before she could bend the corner.







“What you thought you saw, Cian, didn’t happen! Please, just let me explain-”
“You don’t need to explain anything to me, Wilson.” She interrupted in a soft, calm voice. “That was two weeks ago, it’s over with.”
“But you’re still mad at me!”
“I’m not.” She retorted.
“Yes you are! That’s why you’re in such a hurry to leave.”
“I’m in a hurry to get away from the shit I saw on the other side of this door!” She belted, yanking her arm out of his grasp. “You know what, I am mad at you! I’m mad that you carried this attitude toward me, told me you loved me, and then turned around and had that bitch's legs wrapped around you!” Her voice grew louder with each word, shocking them both. 






Will searched her eyes, the light was almost gone, replaced by a dark spot that’d no doubt come from the bullshit with Ramone and Angel. He pulled her close, kept his eyes on hers until he saw the light flicker, showing signs of life, “I meant that Cian! I do love you! With every fiber of my being I love you! I’d never do anything to purposely make you cry and I need you to understand that! See that I’m here for you and just want to make you happy!” He pulled her closer, slipped his hand around her waist. 






“I’ll prove it to you! Just tell me what to do! Tell me what you want me to do!”  His eyes glossed over as a single tear crept out of her left eye. Her quivering lower lip called to him, reached for his but pulled back before making contact. Without a word, she slipped out of his arms and walked away. He’d said it again, those three words, this time repeating it with emotion. He meant it. Each word, each time he said it. Her heart jumped, began to beat again for the first time in two weeks but her brain was speaking louder. Ramone reconnected her with her father, who was now proud of her and showing her the love he’d always given to Phaedra. Though she wanted Will, and needed him desperately, the risk was just too great.


20 comments:

Valpre said...

Damn, it looks like Ramone has someone else fighting in his corner now. I didn't see that angle with Cian's dad; because she craves his approval so badly she'll make bad choices and end in a far, far worse place. Wish Cian's dad could be a fly on the wall sometimes and see how much his daughter hurts.

Bianca seems like such a sweetie.

That second last shot is extra beautiful. All yours shots are, but that one, just stole my heart, the way Cian stole Will's I suppose.

Anonymous said...

OOOOH!!! I REALLY! REALLY! don't like Ramone! hehe I am determined to have a story line of his million deaths... That will probably be as soon as I get time but trust me I will do it!

Cian listen to your heart! Will loves you! Be with him He loves you and won't hurt you!

Anonymous said...

This chapter really hit me somewhere close, I hate that Ramone is slowly but surely taking over her life just like Anna said. We can see it and she can see it but she doesn't seem to be doing anything about it and that just breaks my heart.

This was very beautifully written and I feel almost connected to your characters.Just wow!

Aussie Karima said...

~ The only one Bianca loves in that whole family is her big brother,I have a feeling she was doing this to help Will out,try & get them together,even though it could be coincidence,but I doubt it!!!
~ I Feel for Cian,Ramone is not giving her any space what so ever,she can not even breath freely,she feels she is dying inside!
~ He is most definitely following a pattern,of breaking her down!Her one saving grace he has not tried to push her to be intimate! His kiss leaves her numb,she can not stop thinking of William!(even the scenes she wants to forget that shred her heart,over & over again!)
~ He is most definitly following a pattern,of breaking her down!Her one saving grace he has not tried to push her to be intermant! His kiss leaves her knumb,she can not stop thinking of William!(even the scenes she wants to forget that shread her heart,over & over again!)

Aussie Karima said...

~ Qui can you fix the last post up?????? I don't know what happened!!!
~ I loved it BTW!(",)

Anonymous said...

Being with Ramone does not seem like a good choice for her.

Qui. said...

Val: yeah, he worked himself in there really good! being in the position he is in with her father makes it easier to control her. if her father was a fly on the wall, he'd kick the accent out of Ramone!

Bianca is a darling! She is a smaller, female version of Wilson! There was an instant connection between the two. Cian and Bianca just clicked like sisters ;)

Thank you! I mixed animations and hacks to get that pose and I am SO HAPPY it conveys the message!

Qui. said...

Kristen: you make me laugh every time I think of that! Cian should listen to you, and her heart!

Qui. said...

SLFA: He is definitely taken over her life from the inside out. She sees it but deals because of her father, which is very sad. She is depriving her heart of what she really wants and it'm making her feel like a zombie.

Thank you!!

Qui. said...

Karima: You want me to delete it?

Bianca's being at the diner is a coincidence but she has definitely helped the situation in a way. She made them see each other after two weeks and in that, Will was able to ignite that light in her eyes just a little bit. Cian was almost gone, almost cold, shut off, and open to be controlled by Ramone. She had to stop herself from kissing him because she knew it would have complicated things more. Seeing him was already heard, kissing him would have kept her from leaving.

Ramone is breaking her down!

Thank you!

Qui. said...

Seaweedy: Being with Ramone is not a good choice but now that he is formed this bond with her father, the choice is pretty much out of her hands. It's either:

Give up the love and respect that she has always wanted from her dad OR Build on that love and respect and finally feel like her father is proud of her and loves her.

Jillyson said...

Chase her, WIll! Tell her what they did! She'll believe you, because she half knows it anyway!!!!

UGH! This is so heartbreaking to watch - Ramone needs to die screaming!!!! Using her father's love like that, getting her back into that job she hates...Making her into his little puppets and leaving her empty inside!

Renee...get your butt back and fix this!!!

S.B. said...

I wish Cian would fight back a little. Between Ramone and wanting to please her father, she's making every possible wrong choice and will end up hurting herself, Will, and probably her family too.

So sad...

Qui. said...

She won't have much a choice soon. :)

DaijahV said...

Ah man that's so freaking sad!! :( I hate Ramone...again! Damn it! I can't believe this! They were so close and then...I'm so sad :(

Luv4gaj said...

I just have to comment about this. Excellent update. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I know Ramone's type, and dated and had a child by him. Now I've been married to a good man like Wil for 11 years and we have 3 children, one on the way and my youngest daughters name is Cyanne. Lol. She is mixed as I am black and my husband is Mexican so I really dig there is a sims story out there about interracial relationships. Well probably already TMI but just wanted to tell you how much I love your story.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait for the next chapter!

P.S. Have you ever thought about writing a book? O_O

Luv4gaj said...

^Totally agree with this. Sometimes we have to put aside what others think we should be and be who we are. I hope Cian realizes this soon!

Luv4gaj said...

I meant I agree with you S.B

Qui. said...

Not TMI, very interesting! I am so happy that you can relate to this in more than one way because I made this story for that reason. People have an issue with interracial relationships and I felt the need to shed light on it. Show that it's about love and not a color.
Cyanne..that is cool and cute!!
Congrats on the new baby!
Ha! My best friends reads this story as well and she asked me the same question. I have not thought about writing a book but I am going to give it some thought eventually. I THANK YOU so much for reading this and taking the time to respond! Feedback is always welcome as is sharing life stories :D

holleyberry said...

She's being a stupid woman with Daddy issues. Plese yourself! Do what is right for you Cian, not what everyone else THINKS is right for you.