Friday, December 24, 2010

87. Kiss

Genre: Drama, Romance
Characters:  Wilson, Cian, Ramone
Prompt: 87. Kiss
Word Count: 1,141 ish
Rating: PG-13
Type: series
Summary: The kiss is dicussed
Warnings: none really
**
bueno= good , Hola hermosa= hello beautiful


Cian pried her eyes open as a dull vibration and loud chime surged through her pillow. She groaned, sluggishly retrieving the phone as it continued to vibrate with the chime she’d need to change immediately.

                                                             11:03 p.m.
                           Can I see you? We really need to talk.
                                                 Wilson


Rolling over to her back, she read the message a second time. She paused as she hit the “reply” button, what to say had escaped her. It was lost in the sea of thoughts swimming around inside her head and fear of what was to come of this talk. Three days. Three days without a call, without a text, without a single word and now he wanted to talk.

“It was a mistake…” she thought of what he needed to say. He never should have asked for that kiss and she shouldn’t have allowed it. He shouldn’t have held her so tight and she shouldn’t have embraced him the same. He shouldn’t have pulled away and she shouldn’t have let him. Regret was all she felt but the reason was a mystery. She wanted that kiss. Watched his lips as they moved forward, closing in on hers like a predator to its prey. Slowing inching closer then enjoying that first bite. A bite that would only be satisfying if consumed completely. But he stopped her. Loosened her grip on his waist, and with reluctance present in his eyes, asked her to stop before they reached the breaking point. Realizing she still had not replied, Cian rubbed her eyes in frustration. “It’s a simple yes or no!” She told herself, slightly amused at her inability to stop thinking for half a second. Planting her feet firmly on the floor, she replied a simple “yes” sending it before she had the chance to think it over. They did need to talk. Should have talked the same day it happened instead of allowing time to change what they originally felt. Pulling through her closet for something to wear, her phone chimed again. “Damn, I really need to change that!” She grabbed her chest to slow the beating once again.  

11:10 p.m.
I’m outside.
 Wilson

Tossing the phone onto the bed behind her, she put a rush on her search for clothes and dashed into the bathroom. Mentally preparing herself for whatever he might say, she took several deep breathes and headed out the door.




Wilson kicked at the leaves scattered along the sidewalk as he waited with his back against the cold metal lining of the window. The first sight of her quickened his heart. Tucking his clammy hands underneath his arms. He rubbed his palms quickly against his shirt before greeting her with a hug. “Hey!” She smiled sweetly at him, melting his heart all over again. “Hey.” He repeated with a nervous smile. “You’re ready to talk to me now?” She spoke in a playfully tone, crossing her arms to mimic him. “Took you long enough!” She joked. “Me? It goes both ways, Sweetheart! You could have called me!” He chuckled. “Yeah, but it’s always better when the man makes the first move!” She retorted.
“And why is that?” He narrowed his eyes, waiting for her answer.
“Because I said so!” Cian smiled widely.
Will shook his head at her answer, “Well, I apologize for taking so long, Your Highness!” He did a playful bow with a wide grin.

As silence crept between them, their smiles faded and turned into nervous glares. Both started talking then stop, allowing the other to speak, “You go.”
“No, you. Ladies first.” They went back in forth before Wilson’s brain shut down and his mouth took over, “Can you honestly tell me you feel nothing now that we kissed?”
She shook her head, “I don’t know how or what I feel, Will.”


“So you’re telling me,” He pulled her toward him by one of her belt loops, “that you don’t know how you feel about this?” He placed her arms around his neck as he did right before he kissed her, wrapping his arms around her slim waist. “Or this?” He whispered, kissing up and down her neck tenderly. He smiled against her neck as he felt her shiver. “You don’t know if you want to be held like this? Kissed passionately? I know you do.” He whispered purposely allowing his lips to brush against her neck, “Don’t be afraid. Fall. I’ll catch you.”



Cian sighed as Will pulled back to look her in her eyes. “No… I can’t! Why are you doing this to me Will?” She closed her eyes tight, dragging her arms down to his chest, resting her head against his chin.
“What am I doing?” He mumbled kissing the side of her head.
“You’re making me lose my mind!”
“My mission was to make you lose the brick wall around your heart but I guess we have to start somewhere, huh?” He chuckled. Wilson lifted her chin with his finger, willing her to look him in the eyes, “Understand that you’re not in this alone. If falling in love with me means you’re going crazy, then that means I’m a mental patient!”


They shared a smile as their eyes maintained their connection. As Wilson’s eyes traveled down to her lips, Cian lifted her chin towards them, and then quickly backed away as she heard a car door slam shut.
“Ramone!” She giggled nervously, “What are you doing here?”


“Hola Hermosa! I came to see Eric and Renee.” Giving Wilson a quick nod, he pulled Cian into a hug, watching Wilson's expression change as he allowed his hands to trail down Cian’s back. “Did they mention next Sunday to you?” He pulled back, holding her shoulders.
“No. What’s happening next Sunday?”
“My parents are having a small anniversary dinner and I was wondering if you’d like to come?”
“I um,” She looked back at Wilson’s hardened features, “sure.” She shrugged, answering reluctantly.
“Bueno! If you don’t want to ride with Eric and Renee, I can come and get you when I head out there that morning. Oh and Will?” He took a few steps back toward the stairs, “You should come too! I’m sure Angel would be more than happy to see you!” Cian looked back a Wilson hoping his reaction would help her decipher the meaning behind Ramone’s words. Instead he held an angry expression that quickly faded the second she placed her hand on his chest. “Hey! How about we go catch a late movie and maybe early breakfast?”
Wilson nodded, his lips still turned downward as he pushed off of the car.
“Oh…one more thing!”
Cian pushed him back against the car, tucking her arms underneath his arms, pressing her chest against his. Laying a gentle kiss on the base of his neck, kissing up to his chin, she laughed, “Now…we’re even!”

--------------------

** Hours ago, I was in a car accident and could have lost my life! I was blessed to have walked away without a single scratch since the car flipped over and was on the roof when I was pulled out of it. I feel like something has switched on in me but also broke. It might just be how I feel since it just happened but as of right now, I see how easily I could have left my son without a mother and it is rocking me to my core. I don't know when the next prompt will be but I'll try to get something done during the break.

10 comments:

Aussie Karima said...

~ I am so sorry to here,that, I do know what you are going through,will tell more later on DD's,but for now I am so glad you are all right!
~ Sorry, I loved this, will leave a better reply later,I have to leave,for the Gold Coast now!(",)
~ Merry Christmas!Try to enjoy it!XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

OMG, Qui! Thank God you're OK! That's definitely a life-changer. God must really be looking out for you, and think you're too great of a mom to take you from your baby. I'm so glad you're OK.

Now for this prompt - I love, love, love it. She's got to be coming to grips with her feelings for Wil, cuz even though she told Ramone she'd go with him to the anniversary dinner, she came right back to Wil, made that date, and gave him a little something to think about - right in front of Ramone. She's definitely making her preference known. And now that she'll have this breakfast date, Wil's got the chance to explain this "Angel" comment Ramone made.

Valpre said...

Oh Qui, I'm so glad you're okay, *hugs*. Take your time, no need to rush with the prompts, we'll all still be here when you feel you're in the right frame of mind.

This was great. Cian's certainly making her feelings known. And that Ramone just had to try and spoil things. That comment about Angel, I bet he did that intentionally to make Will lose some points. Still fighting dirty I see.

Looking forward to their breakfast date :)

And I loved your shots, interesting angles you took there.

S.B. said...

I don't know how you managed to get this done, and done so beautifully, after such a horrible experience! Cian really needs to get a clue! Ramone is playing very dirty.

Take your time. Accidents do leave you shaken, disturbed, uncertain, and thoughtful. Take care of yourself and your son and enjoy your Christmas together!

Anonymous said...

I just swept through this story this afternoon. I'm so sorry that you had such a horrible accident, but very glad that only the vehicle was damaged.

I love the way you've written this story based on prompts. I look forward to reading more.

The Lunar Fox said...

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear about your accident! Thank god you're all right.

thewynd said...

While I understand Ramone's point about Cian's comfort level with someone like himself over Wilson, I do not trust him. This feels like a game to him and he is playing with the feelings of a vulnerable young woman.

I am truly amazed that you were able to get this done with what you have dealt with. It is extremely frightening to worry about leaving a child without a parent. You take care.

Muzegoddess said...

Wow! The heat between these two is crazy. I need Cian to give up this cat and mouse game and just surrender to Will; goodness knows, I would. You are always able to capture every little detail of emotion with these two, yet still keep the anticipation rising. Fabulous update.

DaijahV said...

OMG Qui I'm glad to hear you are ok! That is very scary and I am so happy you are safe! I know that had to be terrifying <3

Unknown said...

UGH! Will he ever go away? I want to pop that skinny little head of his right off his body! What a bastard playing her like a fiddle, does he even have a single genuine feeling for her or does he just like to prey on vulnerable young women?

CIAN OPEN YOUR EYES GIRL!

Wil should meet that man in a dark alley in the middle of the night and beat the living shit out of him...I know I want to right now!