Monday, February 14, 2011

88. Lies

Genre: Drama
Characters:  Wilson, Claudio
Prompt: 88. Lies
Word Count: 621
Rating: PG
Type: series
Summary: Will decides to tell his Dad how he feels
Warnings:  none
**




Wilson stormed through the door, bypassing the butler and his formal greeting. “Dad?”  He moved swiftly through the house until his nose caught the scent of pancakes. “Dad?” He rushed into the kitchen dead set on completing this mission, “Dad listen, things have not been the best between us and we’ve missed too many years! I know how strongly you feel about family being together and I agree! I think family should be together too and I’d love to rebuild our relationship but,” He broke off taking a deep breath, “I am in love with Cian! I gave my heart to her fifteen years ago when we shared our first kiss and I never asked for it back! Honestly, I don’t want it back! I want to fix things but…Dad, if you make me choose between Cian and this family, it will be Cian.” He took a series of calming breaths, his chest moved up and down harshly as he braced himself for a fight.








Claudio held his chin, nodded as his brain consumed the words he’d just heard his son speak with tremendous passion. He was his clone, a younger version of himself from his skin and hair to his strong personality. He admired Wilson’s determination, the boldness he showed by storming into his house and demanding his attention.
“First, Good Morning Wilson. Are you hungry?” He waited patiently for an answer and continued after Wilson nodded.
“Second, I want nothing more than to reconstruct our relationship as well but this thing with Cian I will not accept. Her father nearly ruined this family and I will not allow there to be any more chances of that.”
“That was he father! That has nothing to do with us!”
“It has everything to do with you! Gary is a lying manipulator! The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.”








“Cian is nothing like that!”
“And you know that how? Never be fooled by a pair of open legs, son! That will always lead you to heartache! ”
“Don't talk about her like she is some random whor-”








“Enough, Wilson! This is my house! I will say whatever I want in my house! Being friends with her is one thing but I am not going to stand here and believe for a second that you really love her when she doesn’t love you! Take my advice son, find yourself a nice white girl, court her like the gentleman I know you are, marry her and get over Cian. You will never be happy until you do.” Claudio scooped two extra pancakes onto Giana’s plate. “You sure you’re not hungry?” He waved the spatula.
“I’ll never be happy without her.” Wilson turned to leave.

“Wilson,” His father called to him as her rounded the corner into the foyer, “There is something on the table you need to see.” He sat the extra pancakes down on the island, “Giana, tell Bianca to come eat.” He walked around the island to catch up with Wilson.










Will approached the table and automatically his eyes fell upon a pink envelope in the center of the pile. He picked it up, running his eyes along the pairing of Cian and Ramone’s names before ripping it open.










His heart sank into the pit of his stomach initiating a wave of nausea. His entire body went numb; his thumb absently traced the raised designs on the card. He flipped over the card and read the details of this supposed engagement party set to take place on Christmas day. Wilson tried to push back the sudden rush of questions, realizations, missing pieces of the last few weeks that made sense now. Was this why she’d been avoiding him? Why she'd been so angry with him all of a sudden? Why she was refusing to see him?




He could no longer hide his pain as he crushed the invitation in the palm of his hand. “I wasn’t going to show you that but I needed you to see the ways of you beloved black princess. Lies and manipulation. 


5 comments:

Valpre said...

WTF! NOOOOOOOOOO! WTF!

*faints*

Can someone please tell me my eyes are playing tricks on me. I know that's not an invitation I saw. Not true, not true, it's just not true. Dammit!

Qui. said...

You saw right Val... :(

DaijahV said...

HOLY FUCK WHAT THE FUCK OMG THAT EVIL CONNIVING FUCKHEAD IS BEHIND THIS OMG WHAT?! I knew you were setting me up!! Go to her Wilson OMG don't let her go!!!

Aussie Karima said...

~ OMG! Ramone knows how to manipulate,& that did the trick,in the worst way!
~ Come on Wilson,you know your enemy,you know how bad he is,the only way to find out the truth is ask Cian!
~(",)

Pixx08 said...

....What just happened?