Tuesday, November 23, 2010

55. Not Enough

Genre: Romance
Characters: Cian, Wilson
Prompt: 55. Not Enough
Word Count: 4,293
Rating: NC-17
Type: series
Summary: Conflit, thinking, and a good memory. Twenty-four hours of Cian and Wilson.
Warnings: 18 LARGE pictures! Too much thinking, wordy!
** Sorry it's so long! Wouldn't have made sense having it in two prompts.


As the night began to wind down, so did the tempo of the music. What was once fast paced dancing music became slow love songs, emptying the room almost immediately. Cian swirled her drink around in the glass, as she watched the last few people descend the stairs to leave. She was nervous, anxious to see how things would be between them since there hadn’t been one word since that day. She questioned if she should have shown up at all but she agreed to this and was determined to see it through. To her surprise, the music continued even though she was the only one there. A familiar introduction also caught her by surprise, sending her into an excited fit. She smiled, her eyes closed, swaying in her chair as she sang the words to her favorite song, “I had some problems, and no one could seem to solve them, but you found the answer…”
“Dance with me.” Wilson appeared out of nowhere, purring in her ear. Remembering how much she liked this song as a kid he made sure it was one of the last songs of the night. The beginning of their night. “You know I don’t dance, Will.” She laughed, turning to place her glass on the counter behind her. Not taking no for an answer, he pulled her from her seat to the empty dance floor, “Tonight, you do.” He smiled, pulling her close enough for her to feel his heart beating at a steady pace. Calmed by the song and comfortable with how close they were, she became swept up in the lyrics once again.

You said that you loved me
Said hurt only came to pass me
It sounded so convincing
That I gave it half a chance
And learned the way of love my baby
There is so much love inside me
And all that I have I give my all to you
And all this love is waiting for you



“I can’t believe you’re still in love with this song.” He whispered against her ear, caressing her lower back.
“I know, right! I can’t help it,” She replied, “I love the warm feeling I get when I hear it. There is something about his tone! The way he explains how he feels that makes me feel good, you know? Hearing him say that he had a problem with love but this person changed that is very sweet to me.” Cian sang along, “Oh I love how you make me feel this way, my love is getting everyday...” She trailed off.
“I hate to spoil your moment but it’s not the song Babe, it’s me.” He felt her smile against his shoulder as she moved closer. Besides the bartenders, they were alone, like a dream, happy and alone. For the first time, this felt right. Being here, with him, in his arms without a care in the world, felt right. His hand planted firmly on her back, rubbing it gently, carefully. This was different. Felt different in every way. It was intense as it always was, the closeness, the want, but it was intense without rattled nerves, intense without fear.

“You’ve been ignoring my calls,” She murmured into his shoulder, “I should punch you for ignoring my calls.”
He chuckled, “I’m sorry about that. I just needed some time,” He paused when he felt her hand move down his back, “to deal with things.”
Cian lifted her head from his shoulder, “With what?”
Pushing her head back down on his shoulder, “It’s not important right now.”
“Deal with what, Will? Ramo-”
He silenced her with a gentle finger against her lips, “It’s not important.” He surprised her with a smile. “Let’s go! You need to get ready!”
“Why don’t I like the sound of that?” She squinted with her hand on her hip.
“Because you have to know things ahead of time so you can reject it, but tonight, this is my court,” Will moved in close to her ear, “and there are no objections!” He backed away with a grin, pulling her along.


---------------------------------------------------------------------



Cian propped the pillows up behind her and made herself comfortable while Will took a shower and changed. She’d found a movie to watch and after five minutes, it was watching her. Her heavy lids closed on their own; ignoring the fight she was putting up to keep them open and focused on the movie. She jumped, thought she heard him call her name, his footsteps drawing near. She turned, searched and saw nothing, returned to the TV, then her closed lids. The couch cushions molded to her shape sank around her, cradling her until she was in a deep sleep.

Cian hadn’t moved once, hadn’t heard him come down the stairs and shake her lightly. The thought of stealing a kiss had crossed his mind as he removed her shoes then faded with the promise he remembered making to her, no touching. Sliding her last shoe off her foot, he caressed her ankle, trailed his hand down to the tip of her toes. They were pretty, painted a pale pink color that went perfectly with her skin. Pulling a pillow off the other couch, he placed it under her feet, shielding her from the cool marble floor. Will stood, watching her sleep soundly for a minute before retreating to the kitchen.

Her eyes popped open with panic, “Shit!” She whispered, rubbing the corners of her eyes. She’d closed her eyes in the dark, only for a second and now the sun was up, beaming through the back windows and reflecting off the crystal clear water in the pool. She stood, following a sweet smell in the air.

“Just in time!” He met her near the dining room table carrying a plate piled high with steaming hot waffles and sausages. She eyed the plate, lusting after the strawberries layered on top of them, “Why did you let me sleep!?” She managed to move her eyes up to his, “Now I owe you, what? Two, three more hours?”
“Exactly! He grinned, “Have a seat.” He pulled the chair out for her, sliding it under her as she sat.
Cian wasted no time filling her plate. She moaned with the first bite causing Will’s groin to react. “God, you’re going to make me fat!” He couldn’t hear her. He nibbled on the inside of his lip, thinking of something to calm himself, puppies, kittens, puppies and kittens. He sighed with relief plucking a strawberry from her plate, realizing she was too engulfed in the plate before her to notice.   



“Stop!” She mumbled through a mouth full of food.
“Stop!!” She whined as he pulled another from her plate. “Why didn’t you get your own?!” She looked up with an agitated expression.
“Because I made this for you.” He rested his head against his hand.
“You made all this for me? You trying to say I look like I can eat all this? You trying to call me fat, Will?” She frowned, dropping her fork on the table.
“Here we go!" He laughed, pushing himself away from the table, “Hurray up! We have a little bit of a drive ahead of us.”
“Oh great,” She shouted, “You purposely tried to stuff me so I could fall asleep again!”
“Shut up and eat!” He peaked out of the kitchen.
“Where are we going anyway?” She stood with a mouth full of food, carrying her now empty plate and the plate full of waffles.
He took both plates from her, “Somewhere nice.”
“Like?” She quizzed.
“Like somewhere nice.” He retorted placing the dirty plate in the dishwasher, “Now turn around so I can blindfold you.”
“Blindfold me?” She said flatly, crossing her arms. “What’s the point of that?”
“The point is,” Will began to tie the blindfold around her eyes from the front, “because I said so!” He pinched her and backed away, laughing as she felt the air, looking for him. “Alright,” he grabbed her wrist, leading her to the door, “no peeking!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Will, is that water? Why do I hear water?” He ignored her questions and continued pulling her to the edge of the dock. “Ready?” he pulled the blindfold down, mimicking the smile she carried. “A boat ride? Seriously?” Her eyes widened with excitement. “I thought these boats were private owned. How’d you-”
“For the right price you have just about anything.” He answered before she finished her sentence. He climbed in first, helping her climb in safely as the boat rocked back and forth with each wave.


They smiled, waved back at the others across the harbor, enjoying the sounds, smell, and coolness of the air. Small jokes were made to keep the awkward silence away, they laughed, fed off of each other’s smiles and playful gestures.


They’d sailed for a little over an hour before Cian grew quiet and did a full scan of the boat, “Wait! No life jackets?” She questioned as the boat began to rock more than she liked. “What happens if this thing starts to sink or we fall over or something? I don’t want to be nibbled on by the animals in here!” She leaned against Will to peer over the side of the boat.

“Then you better swim like hell!” Will laughed. She gasped, held her breath nervously. “I’m joking!” He shook her, gaining eye contact, “This water is so shallow they only give them to adults upon request and there are only small fish in this water. I can get you one if you want.”
“No,” Cian snapped out of her trance, “that’s ok. If I fall in, I’ll just wait for you to save me.”
Will laughed again, “Who said I was jumping in there after you!” He joked.
Cian swatted his arm, “Oh so you’d just leave me hanging, huh?”
“You know I couldn’t do that! I can’t get you out of my head as it is so it would be ten times harder knowing you’re in danger.” He hadn’t realized what he said until he saw her looking down, blushing, and wrapping her hair around her finger. Instead of trying to fix it, he left it there. Let the whipping wind and new waves carry it further into the distance. That comment he wasn’t sorry for and wouldn’t apologize for. If she was going to be with Ramone, he didn’t care what she heard and wouldn’t hold his tongue anymore. He needed no regrets. Wouldn’t look back and question why he hadn’t said this or did that when he had the chance.
“You ok, Will?” She rubbed his arm, seeing his face go from serious to faint smile.
“Yeah, cool! You ready to go?  We have somewhere else we need to be.” He signaled for the captain to head back to shore, falling back into his thoughts along the way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The silence was starting to get to her. She wasn’t used to this. Not with Will. Never with them. There was always something to talk about when it came to them but Will seemed out of it, mirroring the expression he’d had when he saw Ramone standing behind her. He was hurt, every now and then, still looked hurt. He was walking two steps ahead of her, a large gap between them. Cian rushed forward, grabbing his hand as they approached a cluster of old looking buildings. Knitting her fingers with his, she smiled when he squeezed back. She was in awe as they stepped into what looked like an old village. Stone walkways and walls, a beautiful bridge with crystal clear water under it, a lady with a flower cart, covered in bright red, yellow, and white flowers. “Where are we?”
“Il Nido D’amore” He smiled back at her.
“English, please!”
“The love nest. The only place in this town where everything is homemade. Homemade clothes, pizza, pies, ice cream-”
“They make their own ice cream?!” She shirked. “Can we get some, PLEASE?” She faced him wide eyed, pleading like a child.
 “We will!” He laughed. “But for now, go sit over there,” Will pointed the bridge, “I’ll be right back!” He released her hand and disappeared into one of the shops. When he returned, he held his hands behind his back, a huge grin on his face. “What’s that?” She asked and received no answer. “What’s behind your back, Will?” She stood trying to walk circles around him to see what it was. “For real-”
“Ok, ok! Sit down and I’ll show you!”



Cian blushed when he pulled a bouquet of white roses from behind his back. “I saw you staring at these as we walked by…”
She smiled, stood placing a kiss on his cheek, taking the flowers from his hands. “Thank you! I love them!” Their eyes connected, locked for a minute. “Why do they call this place the love nest?” She broke the silence.
“They call it that because they believe it has the power to bring people together. Everything is homemade, handmade, giving you a sense of home, comfort, and love.
“So is that why you brought me here? To bring us together?” Her smirk turned into a smile.
“No, I brought you here because I know you like to eat! Figured you’d enjoy this.” He retorted honestly.
“Oh. Now, about that ice cream…” She wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------


Wilson noted the serious look on Cian’s face as he stole spoonfuls of her ice cream. She hadn’t whined, fussed, or said a word about it like she normally would. “What’s wrong?” He ducked to catch her eyes that were focused on the table. “Nothing.” She rubbed her eyes furiously.
“You’re never this quiet. Something is wrong.” Wilson searched her face for a possible answer.
She ignored it, maneuvered back into her daze, the sudden daze that’s fallen upon her.



“Cian!” She jumped at the bass in his voice. “Talk to me!” He ordered, placing his hand on top of hers. She inhaled deeply, pulling her lips inward then releasing them with the rush of air, “Will, nothing happened with Ramone. I-”
“You don’t have to-”
“I do have to explain! It’s eating me up because I feel like I hurt you and I need you to know the truth which is, nothing happened! We’re not dating, sleeping together, none of that! I just met him!” She ended with a faint laugh. “I didn’t even know the two of you knew each other. I mean, you were at his party but I thought maybe someone dragged you along like Renee did me!”
Wilson rubbed the back of his neck, “I was upset but not with you.”
‘Then what?”
“The situation. Watching someone else buy the diamond I had my heart set on.” He smiled, continuing to rub her hand, “Let’s go, it’s getting dark and there’s a lot more to see here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strolling across the bridge, the voice of an elderly woman call to them. She wailed. Something in Italian. Something Cian couldn’t understand. She saw Will stop and look up in the opposite direction. “What did she say?” She turned to Will for a translation. “She said, Look up at the stars and make a wish.” He looked up again.


The dark blue sky was littered with bright stars that gave it a glow, a beautiful glow that triggered a smile in both of them. “I see why people love this place.” She mumbled, “Are you going to make a wish?” She asked as if she were scared to admit that she wanted to. “I think I am…” He trailed off, still engrossed in the view. As if it were planned, they both closed their eyes to make a wish. When they opened them, they burst into laughter, “Grazie, cara signora!” He shouted to the lady, pulling her sheets from the clothes line, folding them over her arm. Cian shivered, instantly turned on by the switch in language. “You know, that was kind of sexy!” She nudged him as they stepped off of the bridge and made their way to the car. He grinned from ear to ear, noting that she liked that. Storing it somewhere safe in his brain for later use, he'd wait until the perfect time to use it. “Yeah yeah,” He shrugged it off, pretending to ignore her comment, “Whatever you say!”
---------------------------------------------------------------------


“How are we weird?”
“How are we not?! We are like big kids that flirt with each other and secretly dream about each other!”
“So… Wait! You dream about me?”
Cian smirked, “So? If either of us were in relationships, they’d have good reason to believe we’re cheating with each other.” She argued.
“Maybe.” He said calmly.
“Maybe? People already think that when they see us together. They’d definitely think we were cheating.”
“How do you know what others think?” He kicked off his shoes, sliding his hand back under the pillow behind him.
“By the way they look at us.”
Wilson laughed, “I forgot you’re the artsy fartsy type! Ya’ll can tell how crazy someone is by the way the wind blows in their hair and what the earth says after they’ve stepped on it!” He teased.
Cian reacted quickly, picking up a pillow, slamming it into his face. “I am not artsy fartsy!” She continue sending blows until he snatched the pillow away, throwing it to the floor, wrestling with her until she was pinned to the bed, “We’re not kids anymore! You can’t beat me Cian Reese-Pieces!” He taunted, a few inches from her face.
“Oh yeah?” She sported an evil grin, turning quickly to bite at his hand that held her wrist with a tight grip. He released her before she would make contact. Seeing an open window to escape, she snatched her other arm free, sliding into the floor. “No biting, cheater!” He laughed, walking slowly around the bed. “Who said I had to play fair?” She jumped on the bed as he took a giant leap toward her. “It’s a known fact! There is no biting in wrestling!” He climbed onto the bed, backing her into the window. “Ok, I quit!” She laughed easing off the bed. As her feet touched the floor he pulled her back on the bed tickling her until she was in tears. “Apologize.” He ordered.
“Apologize!” He ordered a second time. She wouldn’t. Kept laughing, trying to block his hands, “Ok, I got you!” He turned her over to her stomach and sat on her legs, “No!” She begged, sensing he was going for her feet, “Please!” She jerked at the first touch. “Please, Will!”
“No, too late! I gave you a chance,” He held her right foot and slid his index finger from her heel to her toes, “and you wanted to play the hard way!”
“Please, Will! I’m sorry!” Her laughter bounced off the walls, filled the room, blocking out the sound of the waves crashing outside the window. “Oh, now you’re sorry!” He ran his finger down her left foot. “I’ll let you got but if you hit me with anything or even look at me funny, we’re going back to,” He tickled both her feet, “this!”
“Ok, ok!” She rolled over on her back, pulled her feet from under him. “That was not fair!”  
“Who said I play fair!” He retorted, using her own words against her. “The sun is coming up, he laid next to her, looking out the window. “Your time is almost up.”
“So what do we do til then?” Cian moved in, resting her head on his shoulder.
Will shrugged, wrapping his arms around her, “Watch the sun rise?” He asked, muffling a yawn. “You can’t go to sleep!” She muffled her own yawn, looking up at him from his shoulder. “I’m not!” He argued, tightening his grip around her. They went back and forth, their voices getting lower and lower until it mimicked a whisper.


They’d slept in the same position, moving only to get closer, and hold tighter. The sun had been present for more than 4 hours and they hadn’t noticed. They slept well into late morning before Will’s phone rang through the house like an alarm. Wilson sat up first, ignoring the phone on his way to the bathroom. Cian stretched, patting her hair back into place. “Good Morning.” He appeared in the doorway mumbling through a mouth full of tooth paste. “Morning.” She threw her hand over her mouth as she yawned. “I have an extra toothbrush in here if you want it.”
“I brought one.” She peeled herself from the soft grip of the mattress. “You said twenty-four hours so I figured I’d need it at one point or another.” She retrieved the toothbrush and slid pass him into the bathroom. “You want something to eat?”
“No thanks. If I do that, I won’t want to leave.” She smirked.
“What’s wrong with that?” He looked at her through the mirror, a face flushed with a pink hue. “Nothing’s wrong with that, Will, but I have to get back to job searching and being nagged by my father and Renee.” She returned the look in the mirror, “Don’t look so sad! Like you’ll never see me again!” Will lowered his gaze. This wasn’t the last time he’d see her. He knew it. Felt it wouldn’t be long before they were in each other’s company again but that didn’t make it any easier to let her go. “I’ll walk you to your car; he backed out of the bathroom, sad, conflicted.

Cian remained quiet as she followed him down the stairs. She really didn’t want to leave or disappoint him with her absence, but she needed to go. Needed to sit in a tub of hot water and question what this was between them. Question the feelings she had that were growing despite her protest and efforts to stop it. “Thank you, Will.” Was all that she could muster, unable to look him in the eye or even think of something to say that would make her departure less painful. “No, thank you for your time.” He replied, willing her to look at him. He grabbed her wrist before she could step out of the door, forcing her to look at him, “I need you to do me a favor.” He let his grip on her wrist loosen until he held her hand between his fingers, “Allow me one...one kiss. If I can’t have you-” He paused, “If I can’t have you to myself forever, at least allow me this. Just one kiss.”

She finally looked him in the eyes, “No objections, remember?” She spoke above a whisper, watching the excitement fill his eyes. He stepped forward, placed her arms around his neck as he placed his hands on her waist. He pulled her close, never losing eye contact as they moved closer. She felt the heat form his lips brush against her as they finally met, melting away the tension between them. It was gentle, and tender. He pulled away slightly, giving her lower lip all the attention before bringing his lips back to hers. She repeated the action, pulling his entire lip into her mouth causing him to moan.



Ending the kiss, Cian let her right hand slide from his cheek to his neck, her other hand on his chest. As Will lifted his head, their eyes met again. Cian pulled him by the collar, forcing his lips back down to hers.

The kiss grew urgent as he backed her into the wall. The heat traveled from their lips to Cian’s neck and collar bone. He made his way back up, trailing his tongue along her skin. Her moans fueled him, telling him to continue his path down her shirt. Cian lifted his shirt, running her hands along his stomach and back. She moaned again, gripping his waist, pulling him closer. He pulled back; she followed, pulling him back by the waist. He grabbed her hands, reluctantly breaking the kiss for good. “If I don’t stop now I won’t be able to stop at all.” He groaned against her lips as he fought the urge to sweep her off her feet and carry her up the stairs. Cian adjusted her clothes, dropping her gaze as she walked out the door. He watched, waited until she pulled off before closing the door behind her.

Like the very first, this kiss would always be on his mind. It was a mistake, allowing their lips to meet in the first place. He’d expected to feel relieved, content with having a fraction of second with his lips against hers, letting go of everything he was holding back. That tiny slip, her pulling his mouth back down to hers had destroyed it, destroyed the last bit of willpower he had been using to hold back his feelings. It was gone. Passed the point of no return and would never be seen again. The signs were telling, the way his body canceled out what his brain was saying, and added quickness to his heart. His conscious was replaced with aches. Desire to have more, be more. The kiss they shared was the breaking point; he’d known that but still reacted. That kiss, few minutes of having her body pressed against his provided him with only a little satisfaction like taking one bite when you’re on the verge of dying of hunger. It’d given him enough to put an end to the wild thoughts he’d have when she was around. There would still be dreams, hopes, question about just how far things would have gone but no longer a kiss. He knew what her lips felt like, could close his eyes and still taste them but still, it was not enough.

11 comments:

S.B. said...

oh god...

I felt like I was in a dream. From the moment Wilson put a pillow under her feet (I don't think I've ever heard anything so utterly weak kneed romantic and sexy) to pulling the clothes off the line and handing them to the woman, the boat ride, the night, the flowers.

I WANT THAT!!!

Sensual, playful, perfect and so totally full of love in every sentence, every description, every shot...

This is one I will never forget. There are some pieces that stick forever, and this is one of them.

Bravo!!!!

Qui. said...

Thank you!! I was so worried about this since I'm not good at very long posts! This took me 4 days to work on the shots and exactly 12 hours, broken up over the weekend! I thought it would be too sweet!

You're not alone! I want that too! Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!

Valpre said...

Utterly, utterly gorgeous, sexy, sensual... all the things I want!

This was such a beautiful piece Qui, and I can see why it took you this long. It's like your poured your heart and soul into this piece and you conjured something ethereal, and too beautiful for words to describe. I loved it.

But I bet not as much as Cian and Will. I think they know they've gotten to a point of no return now. There's no way Will let go after that amazing 24 hours. If I was Cian, I wouldn't either...

Qui. said...

Thank you Val! I tried! :)

You're right about that! Letting go now will be twice as hard! Not only did they have the chance to really talk but they've realized that no matter what happens, they'll keep coming back to each other. I doubt she will be able to forget it. Wouldn't it be surprising if she was the one pushing for more? I have a feeling that kiss worked out to his advantage.

thewynd said...

This was pure romance. Lovely, sensual and sexy. And very real right down to the toothbrush that Cian brought with her. I love how you mixed a fantasy dream date with the real touches. And Will is perfection!

This was lovely. Beautifully written and perfect.

Qui. said...

How did I miss this? Thank you Gayl!

That makes me feel really good about this prompt because I definitely went over it more than once.

mmmcheezy225 said...

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. You write beautifully. :)

Aussie Karima said...

~ It's been raining here, & the air has been very cool for this time of year,but I swear that I got really hot for the weather being,so cool!
~ Go figure????
~ Loved it,it was delishesly sexy,but at the same time very earthy,with Will being Will!He also filled all 24 of those hours,very well, I loved that he remember little things to use later,he also remembered her favorite things,which no other man would know about her!
~ Very well done Qui,I loved every thing about this,the discriptions & the pics,beautiful!

DaijahV said...

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS HOT!!! OMG the entire day I want that! I want a day like this OMG That was freaking good! Steamy would not describe it no sex involved and that was some really passionate writing!!! WOW...just...WOW!!

holleyberry said...

I love their playful nature. I feel Cain's pain. I HATE my feet tickled.
That kiss was hot and I doubt he'll let her just be a friend after that!

Unknown said...

Beautiful prompt.

What an amazing and beautiful, sexy and romantic 24 hours. Though I am not so sure it really was a good thing for Cian with all the pressures she is worrying about with the color issues.

But I doubt after a day like that, that either of them will be able to walk away from this without wanting more.

Incredibly amazing shots!