Wednesday, February 16, 2011

95. Pride

Genre: Drama
Characters:  Wilson, Giana
Prompt: 95. Pride
Word Count: 600 ish
Rating: PG
Type: series
Summary: Giana swallows her pride and makes a confession.
Warnings: None
** Filler. Quiet before the storm. Lacking shots.


Hours later...



 “Hey,” Giana called to Wilson, hurrying across the street, “going somewhere?” She asked curiously looking over the boxes next to his car. He looked up at her briefly and pulled his keys from his pocket to open the trunk, nodding his answer. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days and his hair was growing out of control, something that even she knew Wilson never let happen. “Damn, did you forget how to shave?” She couldn’t resist the urge to pick on his appearance despite the events that’d just taken place. “You look…like a bum.” She winced.






Wilson paused and delivered half a smile, “Yeah…Thanks Giana.” Then quickly turned to retrieve another box.  
“I’m sorry you missed her.” She tried to recover from her poor attempt to lighten his mood.

Internally he was bawling his eyes out, enraged over being so close but so far away at the same time. Though he wanted to break down and punch the next person that crossed his path, his pride held him back. Instead of opening his mouth to reply to Giana, he nodded once again and pick up another box. Giana reach out and grabbed his arm, willing him to drop the box in front of him, “You’re just going to disregard my question like that?”
“What question?!” He unintentionally snapped.
“I asked if you’re going somewhere!”
Wilson ignored her again but Giana reached for his arm once again and caught his shirt, stretching it as he moved away from her. “Wilson, please! I understand that you’re upset but please, just talk to me!” She pleaded in a tone that he’d never heard her speak in. She seemed genuinely concerned and determined to help him. She sounded more like Bianca. “Why do you care all of a sudden?” He yanked his arm away from her.
“I’ve always cared Will! You and I haven’t always been close but I’ve always cared!”
“But why now Giana? Of all the times to reach out to me, why now?” 
“Because of what you said to Dad!” She finally admitted, matching his anger. “You told Dad if he made you choose between Cian and the family, you’d choose her and it dawn on me that I really don’t want to lose you! Though my pride doesn’t allow me to show it, I hang onto the good times we shared as kids and deep down I want to go back to it. I want moments like you have with Bianca. I want to be able to call you with my problems and listen to yours.”







Wilson scratched his head in disbelief. “So all this time and you actually love me?”
“Hold on!” Giana crossed her arms, “I didn’t say all that!” She cracked a smile. “Now explain. I know you’re not planning on leaving without Cian, so what’s with the boxes?”
“Before all of this happened, I brought Cian and painting studio in Canopy Bay. I planned to surprise her with it on Christmas morning but…” He looked away, “Now that I know what she’s going through and that I have no way of knowing where she is, I can’t keep still so I’m going to set everything up for her.”
“But you do know where she’ll be tomorrow. The engagement party.”
Wilson’s face lit up like a million streetlights. Ramone called himself being the master of deception, doing everything in his power to keep them apart but in his quest to break Wilson he’d made a critical mistake by sending the De Lucas’ an invitation. “Shit!” Wilson palmed his face, “I balled it up and-”
Giana smiled from ear to ear, pulling the crumpled piece of paper from her jacket pocket, sat it on the trunk of Wilson’s car and walked away. “See, it pays off to have me around!” She called over her shoulder as she crossed the street.
“No hug?” He called behind her with a smile.
“Sorry,” Giana opened her car door glancing over her shoulder, “I don’t like you that much!”



Wilson took the rest of the boxes back into the house and jumped in the car. If he was going to crash this party, he’d need something to wear.


**Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I needed to close the gap between the last prompt and the next one which will begin a chain of BIG events. Thank you so much Val and Shauna for being my eyes!

15 comments:

holleyberry said...

Yay! he knows where she'll be!

* I can't think of anything else to type because i am just so excited that he knows where to find her now!!!!

Qui. said...

Lol I'm glad I could at least get that! Not feeling this filler prompt.

Anonymous said...

oh happy day! giana pulled through! now wilson can go and lay a beat down on ramone :D

Qui. said...

LOL Yeah she actually helped. Will might just skip over the beat down and kill him!

DaijahV said...

AWWW!

CaramelChick4u said...

I came across your story through your link on simsurbania.com and I'm so so so glad I clicked the link...you're such an amazing writer...you got me checking this page for updates everday...Please keep the prompts coming because I'm officially hooked... :)

Qui. said...

Daijah: Glad you like :)

Qui. said...

CaramelChick: Aww thank you! The next prompt should be out in a day or two. Thank you so much for reading it!!

Pixx08 said...

LOL he slipped up! Ramone slipped up! It's so cute how Giana and Will are getting along. Oh, and his party crasher ensemble had better include a bullet proof vest

Aussie Karima said...

~ I am so glad he is doing something possative, & his sis is comming around,to help,in her way!
~ Go get her Tiger!
~ (",)

Valpre said...

Filler prompts/chapters are there for a reason... to fill in the gaps, not to be entertaining or fun, but if you pull that off too, kudos.

This was crucial in light of what is about to unfold. Without it, I think there would have been a huge chunk missing.

I'm superstoked to see Giana and Will get on the road to mending their relationship. It must get lonely for Giana not having anyone to talk to, and have parents who are constantly trying to make you someone else. And Will needs lots of friends right now, and all the help he can get.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to their reunion but I am concerned for both of them in light of how Ramone may react.

Anonymous said...

your welcome my love

Jillyson said...

Val's right - sometimes the path from A to B isn't super exciting, but it's always important.

This was neat, to see Giana come thru for her brother, and heartwarming to see Wil trying to do SOMETHING for Cian, but AWESOME to see Wilson get on his white horse, sharpen his lance, and get ready to ride!

S.B. said...

I'm finally catching up. It was very good to see Wilson trying to do something to rescue Cian. She's not going to last long with Ramone.

It's a mistake to believe that every single episode has to be a dramatic bombshell. The serial nature of these prompts (well this kind of writing in general) sort of makes you feel that way, though. I've struggled with it, too. This was beautifully written and completely appropriate.