Tuesday, February 8, 2011

62. Spring

Genre: Drama
Characters:  Ramone, Yolanda
Prompt: 62. Spring
Word Count: 590 ish
Rating: R
Type: series
Summary: Yolanda's secrets 
Warnings: language, talk of rape
** 





“What part of keep your hands clean until spring didn’t you understand?” Yolanda said calmly as she threw her elbows onto the table, knitting her fingers together.
“I didn’t fuck h-”
“Don’t you dare part your lips to use that language with me little boy and I don’t give a damn what you didn’t do! You let yourself lose control again and now your freedom is once again going to hang in the balance!”  She interrupted with a little more venom laced in between her words. She rose from the expensive dining chair and avoided his gaze. 





She peered out of the kitchen window looking at nothing in particular but thinking about the day she followed him. She watched him struggle with a girl on the beach before dragging her into that dusty wooden shack. She closed her eyes shaking her head furiously, “Not my baby!” She repeated under her breath as replayed the sounds she heard as she drew near the shack. She had to save that girl. Had to save her from the monster inside of her son, the monster that would cost him his life if he’d been caught. 




Instead of rushing into the shack to pull him away, she guarded it, cried as her son’s moans grew louder and louder. She saw the girl’s friends stumble back to the fire in the distance, had their vision not been impaired they would have seen her too, standing in front of the shack, protecting her first born as he stole their friend’s innocents.




The second he walked out, she faced him with every emotion present in her eyes. He looked away from her in shame, zipped his jeans as he eased pass her and back down the path he’d followed to get to the shack, recovering the condom with his finger prints on it. It took for the media to buzz about a rapist in Yucatan before she spoke to him, begging him to go back to the states. He complied, but not long after found himself another kind of victim, one that had more evidence than neither he nor Yolanda could hide. 





Once again, she kept her silence and reluctantly refrained from approaching the young girl, regrettably missing out on the great milestones her only granddaughter was accomplishing, all to protect her only son. 






“Why, Ramone? Just tell me why!” She began to sob. He threw his arms around her, fought against her wailing arms until she stopped resisting and buried her face into his chest.
“I’m sorry, Ma!” She looked up at him. He never called her that and never spoke with real remorse.  “She knew something! She was trying to keep Cian away from me! I had to do it.” He whispered, wiping a tear from her chin with his thumb.
“Why couldn’t you just let Cian go, Ramone?”
“Because she isn’t like the others! I’m in love with her! She keeps me sane! I couldn’t let Renee ruin that for me!”
“So you threaten and damn near rape her, Ramone?” Her pain quickly turned to anger. “You don’t know what the hell she knew but you gave her more to go on now!” She pushed away from him.
“So what do I do?” Ramone sighed, feeling an immense amount of guilt for the first time since he’d seen her standing outside that shack years ago. 



“You’ll do as I told you before,” She did a silent prayer as she leaned against the table for balance, “lay low until spring.”

14 comments:

Muzegoddess said...

Okay...so the whole family has issues. How can his mother just do nothing? I understand her want to protect her son, but he is a MONSTER! Counseling and a swift kick in the crotch is what he needed rather then her slience. And they pretend to be so normal. Also something tells me that she is not the only one who knows about his sickness.

Nobody is going to be safe until he is off the streets...I see something very bad coming in the near future. The fire is started and something is about to blow.

Qui. said...

This is a tricky one because it's a question of morals. That is her first born, her only son. I didn't show much of this but they have a really close relationship, like best friends. They say a mother's best friend is always her son so she is dealing with her own conflict, lose her son or try to keep him out of trouble. Her own husband doesn't even know of this behavior. If Ramone's father knew, he'd most likely turn Ramone in himself. At the same time, she only knows a little of what he does and what he has done. Just as he told her about Renee, he easily left out the girl from the club days before.

lol I'm sure a lot of females would love to drop a pill in his mouth and kick him! At this point, there is one other person that knows about this behavior, and if you included Renee there are two which makes a total of 3 people that know just how much of a monster Ramone is.

Right again, something is about to go down!

Valpre said...

That woman may not have raped those girls, but her silence makes her just as guilty, and it's something she'll have to live with. I understand her wanting to protect her son, and not lose him, but she has a moral obligation to do the right thing, even if it hurts her and family. Letting her son "lie low till spring" didn't help in the past, and it's certainly not going to help now. Her son has a serious problem the whole family has to confront, and sweeping it under the carpet is only making it worse.

I feel bad for Ramone's victims. No justice will ever be enough to restore someone's self-respect and self worth.

This made me sad, and it got me thinking.

Jillyson said...

Wow. Oh Wow. His freaking MOTHER!!!
I'll leave a better comment later.

S.B. said...

I'm with Muzegoddess here. The man is a monster. Yes she's his mother but come on woman! She is protecting him, and, as a mother, there are limits and she's way past them. She is as guilty as he is if she just sits there and says "oh he's my boy". Bullshit.

I love how you open this stuff up.

DaijahV said...

WTF!?! What the fuck kind of mother?!? OMG OK this family is fucking sick! I can understand mama bear protecting the cubs but NOT FROM THIS KIND OF SHIT?! WHAT THE FUCK!!?!

How can she silently watch as he violates innocent girls like that?!? What the hell kind of WOMAN is she?!? Can she not sympathize with the victims!?! SHe fucking disgusts me more than that fucked up motherfucking bastard of a kid OMG AUGHADAZHNFBF

OMG!!!!!

Excellent writing Qui. I love you and wish your characters were dead!! D-E-D DEAD!

Aussie Karima said...

~ OMG I would never have thought his mother,but what I don't understand is,she is a mother, those girls & women he has hurt have mothers too,she could put a stop to it!he maybe her son,but look at all the lives he has destroyed,because of his actions & his form of pleasure!
~ Her keeping the secret,makes her worse than him,because she knows, but keeps quiet,that is not love,that is selfish,in the face of others pain!(",)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lot for his mother to hide.

holleyberry said...

This family is Fucked Up! The Mom protecting her rapist son! How sick!
It scares me that Ramone says "She keeps me sane." That means he won't give her up easily.
I have a feeling this is all going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

Anonymous said...

I just spent the last hour or so reading this story from the very beginning. All I got to say is DANG! This is some deep ish!! Ramone is loco! But I love this, it's not your everyday love story. A mother's love...even though she knows her son is a rapist she still aint turning him in! smh

Anonymous said...

man i have to keep telling myself that this is just a story cause i'm ready to kill ramone ass and the mother is just as guilty cause right is right and wrong is wrong and ramone needs to be castrated

strelitzia19 said...

I've just sat and read this whole story this morning, and I love it. You are a very talented writer! I love the relationships between the characters. Ramone is seriously bad... he needs to be put in his place, and I can't see how his mother can just sit back doing nothing knowing what a monster her son is. If that was my son... ooohhhh I'd kill him. Seriously! I wouldn't stand for it at all.

I love how Cian and Wilson interact, it's so sweet. He's is incredibly romantic, with how he acts and what he says with/to her. You can tell he really loves her and wants to be with her, despite their skin colours. I really hope Ramone leaves them alone to just be happy, but something tells me he's willing to do a lot more than he already has to win this race and take what he thinks is his.

Great work, can't wait for the next instalment :D

Luv4gaj said...

Wow. This family is truly messed up. The sad part is is that there are families out there like this. Families who stick together no matter how much dirt they are doing.

Oh my. I hope Cian keeps a safe distance from Ramone because at the rate he is going, he might end up killing her. O_O Poor Renee! Will she tell Eric? Heres to hoping that Will and Eric will protect Cian and Renee from that monster!

Pixx08 said...

I swear, I'm in so much shock I may have a stroke. I understand that Ramone's mother wants to protect him but come on lady! U know he's a psychotic rapist, ure supposed 2 put a knife in his chest or drown him in holy water or something.....