Wednesday, October 6, 2010

.93 Envy

Genre: Drama
Characters: Cian, Renee, Marcus, Phaedra, Wilson, Bianca, Claudio, Colette, Giana
Prompt: .93 - Envy
Word Count: 1,157(+)
Rating: PG
Type:
series
Summary:
Part of the issues within both families
Warnings: hateration (lol)
................................................................................................................



Despite the lack of sleep she’d gotten, Cian weaved in and out of the tables quickly, taking orders and returning with trays. The jingle of the door’s chime caught her attention as she rounded the corner with a steaming hot bowl of soup. Glancing quickly at the door, she smiled, nodding in the direction of the counter. “I’ll be right with you!”

Setting the bowl down carefully on the table, she removed a handful of napkins from her front pocket. “Enjoy! I’ll be back in a little bit to check on you!”



“Hey Chica!” She patted Renee on the back, pulling through her pocket for her pen and pad.
“Could you please not talk so loud?” Renee winced at the sound of her own voice as she massaged the back of her neck.
“Maybe the bartender was a little too heavy on the sex!” Cian giggled at the rising of Renee’s middle finger.
"Is that some kind of girl thing?" Marcus cut in with his eyebrows raised.
"Yes Marcus!" Cian giggled. “So what can I get you, Drunkie?” Cian began to scribble on the pad.
“An explanation for why I saw Wilson De Luca in your apartment this morning!”
Cian’s eyes widened as looked back and forth from Renee to Marcus, “What were you doing in my apartment?!” She leaned in to whisper.
“That strong coffee you made was calling my name!”
“Yeah well remind me to change my locks this weekend!” Cian placed her hand on her hip.
"Whose Wilson De Luca?"
"None of your business, nosey!" Renee frowned. "I'm just saying it's good to see you haven't lost your touch! It's been what? Eight years? It's about time you got yourself back into those contests."
Cian's smile softened, "I don't know about that."
"Oh so this guy is someone you painted!"
"Yes Marcus!" The said at the same time with irritation evident.



"So that means I still have a chance to show you why you should be mine!" Marcus smiled broadly.
“OH MY GOD, Ric-NO Suave!” Renee blurted, dropping her head as if she was falling asleep.
Cian burst into laughter, throwing her hand over her mouth to muffle her laughs. Marcus had been fanning this flame for Cian for almost 2 years now. With no success, he still tried, coming back stronger and getting knocked down even harder.
“Why are you always blocking!” Marcus whipped around on the stool. “You’re family! You’re supposed to put in that good word for me!”
“Family?!” Renee wrinkled her nose. “You’re my boyfriend’s cousin! Until he puts a ring on it…”
“Oh it’s like that?”
“Yeah it’s like that!” Renee mimicked him.
“Cian, can I talk to you for a minute?” Phaedra walked around the counter toward the kitchen.
“Look what you did!” Renee punched Marcus in the arm almost knocking him off the stool.



Once in the back, Cian’s smile was completely gone as she examined the stern look on her sister’s face.
“Did I hear Renee say you’re entering some contest?”
“She said I should enter.” Cian folded her arms in preparation for an argument. "So what?”



“I understand that that’s your little hobby and all but you need to focus on this diner.”
“Excuse you? First of all Phaedra, you’re not my mother or my father! What I do outside of this building is my choice NOT yours!”
“You need to get your priorities straight!”
“And you need to get the stick out of your ass and stop trying to run my life!”
“Watch yourself, Cian! I am still your boss!”
“WERE my boss!” Cian snatched off her apron, storming into the dinning room.
“You can’t quit!” Phaedra grabbed her arm, speaking above a whisper.
“I just did!” She yanked her arm away, stomping out of the door.

------



Wilson smirked at the two margarita glasses placed in front of his mother. It didn’t surprise him that it was just after 9:30 a.m. and she’d already gotten stated.



“Drink, Dear?” She asked before taking a blissful sip. Her eyes closed to savor the moment.
Wilson snorted without a smile, “I don’t drink first thing in the morning.” He said harshly, lingering on the word ‘I’.

“Well would you like something to eat? I can have the chef make you a delightful breakfast?” She smiled, finally placing the glass back onto the coffee table.
“I didn’t come to be social! I’m here to talk about Bianca.” He barked as he took a step forward.
“Watch your tone when you’re speaking to your mother!” His father cut in, sliding to the edge of his seat.
“Yeah…whatever.” Wilson smirked again turning his gazed to Bianca.



She swallowed hard, “I want to live with Will-”



“Absolutely not!” Claudio cut it with a frown. “You have responsibilities here that you will take care of. Wilson’s lifestyle is not fitting for a teenage girl.”

“You know nothing about my life!” Will looked up.
“You work at a club-”
“I OWN the club.”
“You’re out most of the night and probably sleep all day. Who will watch her while you’re out?”
“I don’t need a babysitter!”
“And I don’t need back-talk from a child! Either of mine!” He looked from Bianca to Wilson. “Bianca will stay here, be punished for the stunt she pulled last night and that’s the end of it!” He stood signaling the finality of the conversation.

“I’ll keep running away then!” Bianca pushed out of the chair stomping away.



“She is not your child! When will you accept that and stop trying to tell us how to parent?” Claudio roared once Bianca was out of sight, stepping closer to his son.



“I can’t tell! She comes me to with everything she feels, all her dreams, aspirations, and I am the one that’s there to encourage her! When will you accept that?” Wilson replied with an even harsher tone.

Claudio stood silent for a moment. Eyeing his son, soaking in the words that’d hit him with a familiar sense. “What is this really about, son? You’re still angry with us over your little black friends? That was 15 years ago, Wilson! Get over it!”
Wilson moved forward with an itching feeling in his tightly clenched fists, ready to land a punch, “Practice what you preach, Dad!” He looked over at his mother with a disgusted expression then back at his father, “You get over it!”



Giana watched Wilson as he passed her and slammed the front door behind him. She’d seen this scene too many times. Wilson going to bat for Bianca. Her parents bowing to him, allowing him to live his own life as Bianca demanded a piece of this world to claim as her own as well. The strings attached to her were gripped too tight to even attempt that. To even think about stepping out of line for even a second. Her frown turned into a smile as she heard her little sister’s heavy stomps across the floor above. If she couldn't live her life the way she wanted then she’d see to it that she wouldn’t suffer alone. Pushing off of the wall, she strutted toward the kitchen, “No freedom for you either, Princess Bianca!”





** Gadwin decided to remove the hair from some of my sims which is why there are a lack of shots! Any ideas on how to avoid that?

10 comments:

Aussie Karima said...

~ Qui, I have no idea, about your hair problem,but it does sound strange! I hope you find the cause!
~ I wonder if a leopard can change his spots,I doubt it,his father is too set in his ways..........it is a shame because he has a very fractured family because of it!
~ People like that usualy end up very bitter & lonely!

Valpre said...

Wow, so much tension and anger on both sides. Both Cian and Wilson aren't getting any joy today. Pity; if only they knew what the other was going through, maybe they could trade tips on dealing with overbearing family members. On that note, funny how the people who are supposed to love us and look out for us end up doing just the opposite, look at Cian's sister and Claudio. I've never used Gadwin so I'm not much help there :(
Great update :)

Anonymous said...

No help with the Gadwin either, I'm afraid.

These poor kids having to deal with their families interference (or lack thereof). I'm thinking they both need to get together and vent a bit...

Qui. said...

Well. Thanks anyway guys! I'll find a way around it!

Karima:
I don't know if this old leopard can change his spots. Or even if he wants to. Sad thing, he doesn't see what it's doing to his family! Soon, we'll see just how bitter it makes people.

Val:
Val, can you imagine living in that house? So much anger and envy within both families. Nope, no joy at all. Not since they were carefree children in fact! It's funny you say that because I think I'll be very useful to each other in the family department.

Jilly:
I think they'll do just that!

Thank you ladies!!

S.B. said...

Cian is getting it from all sides including her officious sister and that annoying Marcus (shove a doughnut in that man's face).

Wilson...he may as well give it up. Such a thing as banging your head on a wall until it bleeds. And there's Bianca, sitting there. Caged.

Family can be radioactive and this one is!

figuring out how to link to this so I know when you update because I LOVE IT!!!

Qui. said...

S.B:
I know right! First she jumps into the conversation not knowing what she is talking about then has the gull to tell her what do with her time! Marcus doesn't make it any better!

Thank you so much!

NördHrafn said...

i am sorry i am so behind on the commenting, just wanted to say that i love the story, and you have some beautiful sets.

Muzegoddess said...

I'm really loving this. These characters have so much depth to them and the fire between Cian and Will is amazing. I'm dying to know exactly what happened all those years ago that tore them apart and I can't wait until Cian and Will finally come face to face...alone. Love it!

DaijahV said...

I like watching Wilson stand up to Claudio and OMG what a dick...I mean if you are the parent, show some concern for your freaking kids! He needs a bitchslap in the worse way!

Unknown said...

Wil standing up to his father was both commendable and a tad disrespectful (though definitely deserved). It's so sad seeing his family in shambles, he seems like a decent level headed young man, why does the worst always seem to happen to the best?